P500 Feeling Frustrated Because Your Honda Dealer Can't Tell You When You'll Get Your Pioneer?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Forget waiting for a Honda Pioneer. Visit your nearby Tractor Supply Company store and pick up one of these ChiComm beauties:

Complete with hard plastic roof, two-piece plexiglass windshield, tilt dump bed, winch, turn signals, and a . . .

"Powerful and durable 392cc water cooled, SOHC 4 stroke engine provides the power to haul loads and revs to move fast."

Be the first guy in your area to have one on the trails.

Don't forget to pick up one of these handy accessories: (You'll need it to get your new UTV home)

Consumer Advisory: I accept no responsibility for this terrible advice.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Work with a guy that bought a 4 seater (Hisun?), some off brand. Paid top dollar and then purchased a full cab, heater, stereo, lights...has had nothing but problems. They replaced the engine once already. Said he had it out last weekend and the water pump went out again, it overheated and he had to tow it home again.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The man you mentioned has my sympathy. He probably paid as much for that one-trip throwaway Communist UTV as he would have for a Pioneer.

Each to his own.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I went to the local Lowes about a week ago, and out in the front of the store sat a SXS on display. I checked it out. It had a price tag of $7,999. It was an" Axis 500". Looked pretty cheesy. Had a roof, winch, windshield and dump bed. Looked like a belt drive. I had to go home and google it, to find out it was a Hisun. I did not see the Hisun name anywhere on it. They had one on display inside the store too.

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I went to the local Lowes about a week ago, and out in the front of the store sat a SXS on display. I checked it out. It had a price tag of $7,999. It was an" Axis 500". Looked pretty cheesy. Had a roof, winch, windshield and dump bed. Looked like a belt drive. I had to go home and google it, to find out it was a Hisun. I did not see the Hisun name anywhere on it. They had one on display inside the store too.

I just checked the reviews on their website. Only 4 so far. Two reviewers liked it. Here are two that did not give it 5 stars.

Review #1

Cons: If you take doors off the hinges remain, the pins for the hinges aren't removable. The windshield does NOT fold down. It is held on via velcro straps around the front canopy posts. They are difficult to get on/off, so all you can do is take off the windshield. The grab handles next to the seat hit you in the butt when you attempt to sit down, and they are held on via bolts which are hard to get to. You won't be just sliding in and out of the seats. The center console cover is over the engine and the heat enters the cab, not so much that it burns you but the heat might bother some people. The engine is adequate but not powerful. The vehicle will go 40 mph but it won't win any drag races. Nor will it climb a very steep grade. I have loaded it up and it carried it with no issues on flat ground....the throttle just sends the power up slowly.

Review #2

Ok I have pretty mixed feeling about this UTV. Pretty good UTV for the price. From the other review you have to look everything over. I picked one up a few weeks ago brought it home and the steering was really tough and would not turn. It also felt like it was stuck in 4 low. It was tearing the yard up. I called Lowe’s the next day and I did an exchange, no problem. When the Lowe’s associate drove it back the power steering went out and there was an issue with the transmission. My only issue was I had to keep renting a trailer to haul it back and forth. For the second one I drove it around the parking lot to make sure everything worked properly. It did. However I forgot to check the dump bed release. The latch for dump bed is not releasing the one side for the dump bed feature. It appears the latch is too far forward. I am trying to figure that out. I don’t want to take it back again. I also noticed when hauling heavier items you to use it low. Which is ok. I also have intermittent issues with getting it in reverse. I have to move forward a little and then it will go into reverse. My wife gets frustrated with it. Gonna give it another week if it keeps doing it I may return it for a full refund. Lowes has a 30 day return policy. Also HiSun is not very helpful for accessories. Lowes is out of stock on everything, so I hope they get stuff in if not hard to find accessories. Charlie at the Frederick Lowes was a great help. All in all if the reverse issues fixes itself and I can figure out the release latch for the dump bed it is a good unit for the price. If not I think I may return it and save up for a different UTV.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Brand new Tracker thing on trailer this week being towed back to wherever purchased, motor probably gone according to owner.....

advertisement
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Nice set of nerf bars, f***er would never break down. 😏
1D7DCC66 B646 4E62 B1A2 ACA43DB0FD64

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Brand new Tracker thing on trailer this week being towed back to wherever purchased, motor probably gone according to owner.....
The "Tracker" brand are built by Arctic Cat/Textron......or were for a few years anyway

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!