P500 Fender & Hood compatibility?

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Sold my 4-wheeler so I’m one step closer on owning a P500. I really like the classic Honda olive green (which is only available on 2015 and 2018) but at the same time I want the auto transmission mode (2017 & 2018 only). So that puts my only option at getting a 2018 and the dealers around here don’t seem to want to budge much on 2018 model pricing. Here’s what I’m wondering about.. I’m seeing a lot of 2017 models at really good prices (over 1k less) so would I be able to order the olive green fenders/hood from a 2015 or 2018 and swap out? Might seem like a bit of work but looks like they’re only like $180 for all 3 pieces shipped. This would probably save me around $1k and I’d have the color/AT mode that I want. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Yes you can !

Thanks. It may sound like pain to some but it doesn’t look like the rear rack is difficult to remove, and if it could save 1-2K I’m all for that!

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Thanks. It may sound like pain to some but it doesn’t look like the rear rack is difficult to remove, and if it could save 1-2K I’m all for that!

You won't even need to remove the wrack to swap out the fender. Remove several push pins and 1 bolt and they come off. I have replaced mine , went from Green to yellow !

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome! Thanks guys.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Keep it camo! When you get that green dirty it'll look camo anyways.

Use the $$ you don't spend on green plastic for some awesome options.
Al

Last edited:
Reactions: Twangin and trigger
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shoot for the moon and if you miss and hit the stars that’s ok too lol. I say go for it.

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Well this idea crumbled.. with all the taxes and extra hidden fees a list price of 6989 turned out to be right at 9K! I guess we just don’t get very competitive pricing here on the east coast like other places.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to hear that.
If you are on fb, check out their marketplace. seems to be the new craigslist in my area.

advertisement
C

Chooglin

You need to take a road trip ! This one is priced high IMO , even though it comes with a plow but there are low milage/hour 500's out there !

Honda pioneer

Last edited by a moderator:
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Well this idea crumbled.. with all the taxes and extra hidden fees a list price of 6989 turned out to be right at 9K! I guess we just don’t get very competitive pricing here on the east coast like other places.

From what I can find if your close to the $8,999. List price after all the taxes and fees your doing okay. I'm in NC and I shopped TN, VA, and WV and I found the same prices everywhere I went. Bought my machine at a local dealer in NC.

Reactions: Twangin
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
You need to take a road trip ! This one is priced high IMO , even though it comes with a plow but there are low milage/hour 500's out there !

Honda pioneer

I’ve seen a few good deals on my local craigslist but they’re either 2015 models (in good shape however) or newer models (low miles) that are priced at dealer prices. To me, it’s worth the tad extra to buy new for warranty, peace of mind, etc.

Reactions: Chooglin
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve seen a few good deals on my local craigslist but they’re either 2015 models (in good shape however) or newer models (low miles) that are priced at dealer prices. To me, it’s worth the tad extra to buy new for warranty, peace of mind, etc.

I'm not scared to buy a used Honda if it looks like it has not been abused or a swamp machine. A used Polaris is a different story.

Reactions: Mudwing
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
By the way that's a nice looking Telecaster in your profile picture.

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
By the way that's a nice looking Telecaster in your profile picture.

Thanks! It’s actually just a Fender Squire tele but I swear that thing sounds and plays ALMOST as good as a Custom Shop, but for only like a 12th of the price.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! It’s actually just a Fender Squire tele but I swear that thing sounds and plays ALMOST as good as a Custom Shop, but for only like a 12th of the price.

I would love to one day play good enough to justify buying a real Fender or Gibson but it's not happening any time soon.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Sold my 4-wheeler so I’m one step closer on owning a P500. I really like the classic Honda olive green (which is only available on 2015 and 2018) but at the same time I want the auto transmission mode (2017 & 2018 only). So that puts my only option at getting a 2018 and the dealers around here don’t seem to want to budge much on 2018 model pricing. Here’s what I’m wondering about.. I’m seeing a lot of 2017 models at really good prices (over 1k less) so would I be able to order the olive green fenders/hood from a 2015 or 2018 and swap out? Might seem like a bit of work but looks like they’re only like $180 for all 3 pieces shipped. This would probably save me around $1k and I’d have the color/AT mode that I want. Opinions?

Could they be wrap?? Pick any color..

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Could they be wrap?? Pick any color..

I looked into that.. around here it’s too expensive for me.. rough estimate of $250-400 to do the P500 plastics.. and who knows how durable it would be. I can do the red for the time being and if i really want too I can still just buy the green plastics since they’re not overly expensive.

Reactions: sgerksinwi
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!