P500 Fender & Hood compatibility?

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Just got an email back from a dealer sorta close-by quoting $8250 OTD on a blue 2016.. it’s tempting given the price but I wonder about two things: would I be missing out not having the automatic mode, and adjustable shocks? Any thoughts from folks who have had experience on both the pre-2017 and 2017 & up machines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chooglin
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Just got an email back from a dealer sorta close-by quoting $8250 OTD on a blue 2016.. it’s tempting given the price but I wonder about two things: would I be missing out not having the automatic mode, and adjustable shocks? Any thoughts from folks who have had experience on both the pre-2017 and 2017 & up machines?

I can't comment on the shocks as I have only owned a 17 model. For the auto mode I ride in manual probably 80% of the time only switching to auto when on open trails or gravel roads. It gets operated in auto most of the time when my wife, nephew or niece is driving. Make sure you push them hard on the OTD price. On several occasions I have asked the salesperson multiple times that this is the out the door price and when it's all finished they try to slip in some fee from the state or something.

Reactions: Gassygordo
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@Twangin, Just my opinion on my 2017. Ride tight wooded trails 90% of time in manual, but the auto transmission will automatically down shift when slowing down, even in Manual mode, a nice feature to me. Thought I saw where earlier models don’t, but someone could chime in if they have to maually downshift at least to 2nd when stopping. I only have to upshift. Safety bar beside seats also does not stick out forward like the 2016, easier in and out. Plus the adjustable front shocks. Got 2017 and a roof for $9k OTD. Newer model may help for resale later on, for that $750 price difference. Whichever you choose, the P500 is a good machine if it suits your intended use. Good luck. P500 - Pioneer 500: 2016 vs 2017

Last edited:
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys for the quick input. I’m the type that it would definitely be in the back of my mind “it might would be nice to have the option of automatic” so for that reason my best bet is to probably stick with the 2017.. plus I really don’t feel like driving 2 hours this weekend haha

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
When does the 2018's come out? These 2017's are going to be leftovers soon and the price drop on a 2016 may get even better.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@Twangin, I paid $8250 OTD for my 2017 with a roof and windshield on it brand new. Maybe you should consider making your search area larger to possibly find a better deal. As for auto vs manual, I like the manual feature but really don’t use it that much probably only 10% or the time. If you are going to spend the money, get the automatic, it’s great for cruising around. Best of luck, hope you get your P5 soon.

Reactions: Twangin
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Well, much thanks to everyone here that’s provided input.. pulled the trigger on a 2017 P500 today! I can’t say enough how fun this thing is to drive! Auto and manual mode are both very useful. I don’t want to stop driving this thing!
A160370d7d7902530a8e2ee7bd81f428

C

Chooglin

Well, much thanks to everyone here that’s provided input.. pulled the trigger on a 2017 P500 today! I can’t say enough how fun this thing is to drive! Auto and manual mode are both very useful. I don’t want to stop driving this thing!
View attachment 64527

Congratulations on the purchase , now you need to go register for the Takeover :)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 64527

Right on, have fun man.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 64527

Congrats Twangin! It'll never be that clean again. :D

advertisement
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations on the purchase , now you need to go register for the Takeover :)

I see a lot of folks up here talking about this Takeover thing.. what exactly is that? Sounds like a group ride or something..?

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!