P500 Finally flipped !!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I knew it was just a matter of time.
We were heading back in and the drivers side went into a rut and that was all it took.
Landed hard. Seat belts keep me and my son in place. We killed the motor, climbed out the windshield, flipped it back up and I held it while he threw it in gear and drove to a flat spot.
Wish I had my phone for a picture.
After inspection it scratched the roof and bent the roof into the two bolts on the cage.
Thats it.
What a lil tank!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Landed hard. Seat belts keep me and my son in place.
Glad everyone was safe and no major damage to the machine. Great to know the seat belts worked and kept you safe.

For everyone else, it's just a matter of time. Will you allow the seat belt to save you?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Chance135

Chance135

Jun 18, 2015
Southern Maine
Great reminder. I have been lazy about wearing my seatbelt lately and your post reminded me of the importance of buckling up. Thank you!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Reminds me of the Subaru commercial.
" they continued 4 wheelin"

Reactions: Buryit
Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Although I drive like a granny I use mine and if I forget my grandson makes faces. Only time they bother is when they rub on our necks but I am going to pad them in that area.

Glad you guys survived!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Although I drive like a granny I use mine and if I forget my grandson makes faces. Only time they bother is when they rub on our necks but I am going to pad them in that area.

Glad you guys survived!

Thanks. I'm just glad my son didn't have his arm out of the cab. He was driving. He's 18.
We high fived after. We knew one of us was gonna tip it sooner or later

H

hossman55

Apr 15, 2015
Same thing happen to me. Left rear tire slipped into rut & over I went. Glad everyone is ok.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Its the one dislike about the 500. Very top heavy for the width. Would love to spread out the track a bit

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its the one dislike about the 500. Very top heavy for the width. Would love to spread out the track a bit

Get aftermarket wheels with different ratio offset and wider tires. I got 53" now instead of 50".

advertisement
hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
The best thing I like about the 500 is narrow. I hate bouncing off trees. Where we ride it is snug. Yes, it is a little top heavy , but gotta go. I ride with a lot of quads and I don't want to be "that guy" that can't fit!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!