BOX1

P500 Finally ...

G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
... heard from the dealer today so going to pick up a 520 tomorrow. Ordered in March and had hoped to get it sometime in August. Primary use is hunting, more specifically to work property's food plots. It will serve as my tractor so I'm confident a 520 should fit the role really well based on nearly 10 years use with a similarly sized sxs. The other sxs was totally no-frills so in addition to the 520's better power it is also nicer than the original sxs.

I've purposely held off looking into add-ons or upgrades to minimize anxiousness. But now that it's here i would really appreciate your recommendations on tires, particularly, in regard to my situation and preferences.

I'm going with a 520 because of its width, so I can haul rather than tow. Never had a trailer and don't want one. My Tundra's bed is 50 inches between wheel wells so must stick with standard tires' width, and no spacers. But I do want to add some ground clearance and therefore go up to probably 26 inch tires.

So my question is, since my 520's most important use will be to plow (and the like), and since it cannot exceed the standard 50 inch width, what make and model (aggressively treaded) and size (taller) tires would you recommend? My sole interest is function, looks irrelevant.

All suggestions (and experiences) welcomed. Thanks - Greg

Reactions: Bmurray
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Congratulations and look forward to some pictures. As for tires, I switched to Bighorns and they are very popular among UTV owners, but beware there are many knock-offs and suggest you get genuine Bighorns. The genuine radial tires are ~ $100 each and in my opinion worth it. I personally went with 26" tall tires and was pleased with the choice.

Reactions: 500oneer
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!