JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Fellas,
Well finally got round to ordering Kenda Bearclaw HTRs in 27x11x12. Tires I have now have been awesome, AMS Slingshots in 26x11x12 really tough wearing tire over 4000 Kms and are at I’d guess 50% left. Great traction in any condition, only ever had one hole and that was a pinched side wall from hunting and rubber necking over a bank and running into a huge rock.... Idjit... not watching where I was going. I’d have bought them again but wanted to try radials, I just hope the tread is deep enough on the HTRs. I’ll mount them on the 5-2 aftermarket rims I now have and hopefully will be good to go.
Next:
Custom exhaust
Programer
Power steering
Front locker

Hahaaaa never ends, these are such awesome little rigs just love firing mine up and ripping around on it. Might even ride smoother now too with radial I’ll let you know soon.

j

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Great choice. They ride awesome and hook up well in everything

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have over 2200 miles on my htr’s and they are still at around 60%. I run a lot of roads and they wear very well. Great tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chooglin
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the feed back guys, how much do these puppies weigh, rough and dirty. I hope 27s will work, the 26 Slingshots where just about right (size wise) and I though by going up just a smidge along with an exhaust and programmer would be about perfect. Thoughts? lastly what air pressure generally do you run?

Thanks for now.

j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Well Guys,
First impressions are thumbs up for sure. Noticed a smoother ride right away, pillowy soft ride at 5psi per tire. The fronts just touch my custom mud flaps for a tick on almost full lock, still ample space between end of frame rail and tire. Not ridden much, just slow muckin about not over 3rd gear, the ride is surprisingly smooth, we’ll see in a day or two how it does WFO. They are just a smidge wider then the rear fenders perhaps 1/2” or so. Fronts are wider for sure but not outside my custom mud flaps.

Looking forward to reporting more, I’m thinking they will be awesome for my needs.

j

Reactions: TXBubba and trigger
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well Guys,
First impressions are thumbs up for sure. Noticed a smoother ride right away, pillowy soft ride at 5psi per tire. The fronts just touch my custom mud flaps for a tick on almost full lock, still ample space between end of frame rail and tire. Not ridden much, just slow muckin about not over 3rd gear, the ride is surprisingly smooth, we’ll see in a day or two how it does WFO. They are just a smidge wider then the rear fenders perhaps 1/2” or so. Fronts are wider for sure but not outside my custom mud flaps.

Looking forward to reporting more, I’m thinking they will be awesome for my needs.

j
Pics or it never happened! Lol.

I here lots of people like the tires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
OK I’ll post some up next week, just in remote BC at the moment and cell service data is really slow. You know you’re in the right track when the wife comments how smooth the combo of radials and Elkas are

T

TXBubba

Mar 11, 2017
Mansfield, TX
Ownership

1. 500
I'm ordering some HTRs later today... I'm just going 25s on 5-2 rims just cause I'm nervous about 50" gates. I'm moving to CO in Sept so I don't want to be too wide.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm ordering some HTRs later today... I'm just going 25s on 5-2 rims just cause I'm nervous about 50" gates. I'm moving to CO in Sept so I don't want to be too wide.

I’ll measure for you in the morning if you like mine is 53” in the rear and not sure of the front. If you can I’d go with 26” tires if at all possible. I had 26x11x12 on 5-2 Rims and they where great, almost went with that size again but opted for 27s in stead. You might wanna compare widths 26 versus 25s as they might be the same....

j

Reactions: TXBubba and trigger
T

TXBubba

Mar 11, 2017
Mansfield, TX
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll measure for you in the morning if you like mine is 53” in the rear and not sure of the front. If you can I’d go with 26” tires if at all possible. I had 26x11x12 on 5-2 Rims and they where great, almost went with that size again but opted for 27s in stead. You might wanna compare widths 26 versus 25s as they might be the same....

j

I didn't order yesterday because I was having issues with the web sight. I was planning to call them today.

I measured mine last night. I'm about 49.5" in the front and 49.75" in the back with stock. I'm at 2 from stiffest on the shocks so it could get skinnier... At least thru the gates

Changing to 5-2 rims with the 26" tires should make. Since it'll be hauling crap up and down a mountain trail for elk camp, I like the weight reading on the 26" better as well! I'll add that I've noticed that I can pull up on the rig and substantially change the width... It'll get at least a 1/2" more narrow and sometimes over 3/4" more narrow.

I've been close to buying these for over a year... I just need to do it!!

Reactions: Ollie and JCart
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Good thinking about lifting the machine up at control gate(s). Just measured mine on the truck, approx 54” on the front and 53” on the rear, with 5-2 rims and 27x11x12s on both front and rear. I stayed same so I could rotate tires front to back. Mounted the tires appear to be 10.5” wide and close to 27” tall.

On a side note, was pulling some logs out of the bush id felled for the brother in law and traction was noticeably better then the bias tire I had on previously, no complaints with the AMS Slingshots, they are an awesome tire. The radials ride so much smoother and have noticeably improved traction over bias ones.

I’ll try to put up some pix in my link in a few minutes.

j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Mine are on order!!! Went 26". Should arrive next week!!

Nice, not been home to ride mine but am itchin to get out as it’s almost hunting season here. 26” will be awesome same width front and rear? Stock rims or aftermarket? Let us know how you make out.
Cheers,
j

T

TXBubba

Mar 11, 2017
Mansfield, TX
Ownership

1. 500
Nice, not been home to ride mine but am itchin to get out as it’s almost hunting season here. 26” will be awesome same width front and rear? Stock rims or aftermarket? Let us know how you make out.
Cheers,
j

Aftermarket... 4 Kenda Bearclaw HTR K587 26x9-12/26x11-12 on ITP SS216 Matte Black H700

Should arrive Friday or Saturday

3a857f69351d75c6fd006ed3396def08

Reactions: JCart
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!