BOX1

P500 Feeling A Bit Tipsy - Kenda HTR vs Big Horn 2.0?

C

Chooch360

Dec 11, 2022
Dacula, GA
Ownership

1. 520
I did not think the offset would make a difference but I do notice it. I will be going to the 4+3s regardless of what I do about tires.

We have completed several rides now so I will do an update sometime this weekend. Also been talking with Big Horn about the size inconsistency.
Did you ever figure anything out on that BH sizing "inconsistency?"

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Did you ever figure anything out on that BH sizing "inconsistency?"
Yes. KJ Motorsports referred me to Maxxis... Maxxis acted concerned at first but have since referred me back to KJ. I am of the mind set it is a manufacturer defect and should be corrected by Maxxis... KJ of course agrees. I am just disappointed in Maxxis, they are basically assuming no responsibly. So I am thinking my next course of action.. is just to add spacers, see if that helps. Then never buy anything from Maxxis again. At this point, I am sick of the whole thing.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Yes. KJ Motorsports referred me to Maxxis... Maxxis acted concerned at first but have since referred me back to KJ. I am of the mind set it is a manufacturer defect and should be corrected by Maxxis... KJ of course agrees. I am just disappointed in Maxxis, they are basically assuming no responsibly. So I am thinking my next course of action.. is just to add spacers, see if that helps. Then never buy anything from Maxxis again. At this point, I am sick of the whole thing.

Sell them off (cheap, to a friend ;) ) and buy what you want. Dingleberry wants to live its' best life!

Last edited:
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I have not made a decision… Shocking, I know! I wanna get this done ASAP so I can finish getting my buggy ready for TO.

I am leaning slightly toward the HTR’s after yet another talk with Maxxis on Friday. They can not guarantee me the 27’s would measure 27. I have already purchased 4+3 new steelies. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have not made a decision… Shocking, I know! I wanna get this done ASAP so I can finish getting my buggy ready for TO.

I am leaning slightly toward the HTR’s after yet another talk with Maxxis on Friday. They can not guarantee me the 27’s would measure 27. I have already purchased 4+3 new steelies. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Tires are always a personal choice. Keep in mind that the 26" BH 2.0's measure 26.5" actual. I had 7 of them and they were all that measurement. @906UP has one of them and could verify.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Tires are always a personal choice. Keep in mind that the 26" BH 2.0's measure 26.5" actual. I had 7 of them and they were all that measurement. @906UP has one of them and could verify.
Yup, I have one of Trigs mounted on a stock rear for a spare, the others are on ITP alloy wheels, I can measure one if you want, won't be until Fri evening though

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Yup, I have one of Trigs mounted on a stock rear for a spare, the others are on ITP alloy wheels, I can measure one if you want, won't be until Fri evening though
No worries.. I have a set of Big Horn 2.0 27's on it right now.. they just do not measure even 26, its more like 25 3/4. It is frustrating..

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
HAHA!! That is not it.

Lt. Dan... What is with you and the cold lately? You break your knees and become a wuss. MAN UP!
Wasn't a fan of cold weather before, don't think it'll get any extra point from me after having screws in my knees🙄

🖕🥶

Now get out there and buy some rubber!!!! Good rubber saves lives, especially when you ride hard...... 😉😂

NoMo!!!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I dont think you can go wrong with either choice, as far as the size, just remember 🤏 this is 6 inches...... thats what I've been telling Mrs 906UP for 30+ yrs 🤣

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!