Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was definitely the valve cover. The owner of the dealership made everything right with me. Put me in a new 2019 700-4 deluxe. Not too keen on the color yet (diver blue), but I'm sure it'll grow on me. I really liked the camo one I had.
Sounds like you have a rockstar for a dealer.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man sorry to hear about your machine. That’s awesome your dealership owned up to the mistake and that nobody was hurt.

Reactions: Russ989
H

HondaTech

I've heard others say that the plastics are pretty inexpensive for a color change. No one hurt and they did right by you is definitely excellent news to hear. Things definitely could have gone far worse.

Camo isnt cheap by any means. Twice or even 3 times the price of other colors.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's the kind of dealer I want to do business with.

I feel certain mine is the type that would have kept denying responsibility until you give up.

Reactions: QuadMan747
F

ffmedic

Jan 12, 2020
michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I own a 700-4 and the engine caught fire over the weekend! Anyone else ever heard of this problem? The machine is a 2017 with just over a 100 hrs on it. We were just out pulling the kids in the snow and it started smoking and flames started shooting through the seatbelt openings in the seat. The machine has never had any problems and ran good up until now. I just had it at the dealership for the recommend 100 hr service a couple of months ago. Can't have more than 5 hours on it since the service work was done.
First a little background on myself, I am a retired fire chief and was also a fire investigator for the city I worked for. I have investigated many fires both structure and vehicles. The majority of the time when someone said to me "I just had work done on my vehicle" I always looked for oil caps loose or missing, areas of oil buildup from work done to the vehicle, and just shoddy work. Probably 70% of the time it turned out to be from the work they had done recently, I am not saying that's it but I would definitely be very suspicious and look into it, just my 2 cents. Best of luck and I do hope you had insurance on it. After reading the entire post hehe glad the dealer came through for you. safe travels and have fun in the new one.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It was definitely the valve cover. The owner of the dealership made everything right with me. Put me in a new 2019 700-4 deluxe. Not too keen on the color yet (diver blue), but I'm sure it'll grow on me. I really liked the camo one I had.
I think this dealer needs a plug here. There are WAY more nightmares about dealers here than praises. Please let everyone know what dealer it was.

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice of the dealer to make the situation close to right... However, you mention they burned up your 700-4 camo, and replaced it with a 700-4 that is blue? If you liked the camo, make them pay for the camo panels. The camo panels are much more expensive then the other colors.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
had a 2013 rincon burn 2nd month i had it. grass inbetween the exhaust and heat sheild. first thing i did with my 14 pioneer was go sink it in a clay hole and cover the exhaust.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

not if it's the same one that burned it down in the first place.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!