BOX1

P700m2 first oil and gear fluid change complete, looks good

Iceguy31

Iceguy31

Sep 12, 2018
Huntsville, Al
Ownership

1. 700-2
completed the 20 hour oil change and also did both diffs. Used Amsoil ATV/UTV 10W-40 for the engine and their ATV/UTV trans/diff fluid for those. Also got a Wix filter from them for the engine, and a full set of replacement washers and o rings for all bolts involved from the dealer. It was built at the end of '16, so I figure I should just go ahead and do it all. Brake fluid will come a little later, and I'll consider doing the coolant as well since the book recommends every 2 years.

Engine oil was dark brown but didn't smell bad. Filter had a minor amount of particulate in the bottom of the pleats but nothing alarming for the first change. Diffs were beautiful with only a minor amount of metal flake in the fluid. I've changed jeep axle fluid multiple times and got much more each time than this on the first.

Only real difficulty was in getting to the front diff bolts since I have the Honda winch and a arm guards in place. Undoing the front 3 bolts of the skid plastic allowed easy enough access though. That and the oil running all over from not falling straight through the skid holes under each area made a bit of a mess.

With the good fluid and a new filter in it, should be ready to go tackle the mountains of Tennessee at Windrock OHV next month.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like your ready for the mountains. I used to go to Winrock a lot had lots of good times there.

Reactions: Mudwing and swsebek
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got roughly 15 miles or 6 hours to go before mine gets its initial change. I’ve had the oil, filter, diff fluid, etc sitting on my bench in the garage for over a month. I ordered mine through Rocky Mountain Atv.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I changed mine 1 hour and 6 miles early and just reset it when wrench came on. Also noticed air filter was same as my spare p5 filter l still had.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I changed mine 1 hour and 6 miles early and just reset it when wrench came on. Also noticed air filter was same as my spare p5 filter l still had.
Just for reference. You dont have to wait for the wrench to show up before u reset it.
Flip through the display modes. There are is a service odo counting down to next service. These will reset when done correctly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!