Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I picked it up Friday evening. 700M2 I guess that makes it official.

We rode almost all day Saturday. Here is my first impression.

Ride. Polaris claims to be the smoothest but this thing does great.
Power. I was a little concerned but not anymore.
Speed. I still haven't gotten about 30, so I think the top speed will be fine.
Maneuverable. We went through several miles of wooded terrain and it handles very well.
Comfortable. We rode all day and I wasn't tired like the guys on 4 wheelers.
Steering. I don't think power steering is necessary. Even in tight turns I didn't feel like I needed help. I might add a "suicide" knob for one handed operation.
Windshield. The Honda half windshield shakes. I don't know what I can do about that.
Storage. ZERO, I'm going to have to be creative. To make this worse... My dealer installed the winch relay right in the middle of the under hood storage bay. I have a call in to him. The installer needs his ass kicked.
Winch. Yes I had to use it. Quick and simple. But then I have experience.
Mud. I think it goes through the mud as well as all other SxS. Tires and clearance are paramount.

Overall, I'm glad I picked Honda.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Great to hear! I'm glad you are happy with your decision. As for storage, yes it is lacking. A search on this forum will give you some ideas from simple roll bar bags to storage containers under the seat.

HappyHonda

HappyHonda

May 12, 2015
Glad to hear! I actually agree with everything you said, I'm amazed at how many people complain about the steering. The storage is my main concern right now for when I'm riding with 3 other people. I'm either getting the bed extender, or some sort of cargo carrier. It still amazes me that people would want to go faster than 40mph down a dirt trail, I'm happy in the mid 30s!

I love my Pioneer, thats why I call her my SxSide Chick

Happy

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Gator Congrats on the new ride, and thanks for your initial impression. Post pics! :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!