P700 700 first service BS

J

JayB8252

Jun 17, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I towed my machine 550km from my cottage to my dealership for the “first service”, specifying twice that I wanted the valves checked. Got it back and the bill was $115 for an oil change......Service manager assured me the valves were checked and “totally within spec”. Yeah, ok boys. Nothing written on the bill about valves, literally a half hour of labour charged and you checked the valves? BS. This level of service from a legit Powerhouse Honda dealership. Unreal

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
How can you tell if your valves need adjusting?

J

JayB8252

Jun 17, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
They’re either too loose (noisy), or too tight (no sound). But the owners manual says they need inspecting / adjusting at 150km, so it needs to be done. I know these 680 Rincon motors eat cams. Hopefully that’s been fixed.

Reactions: Farmer
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I adjusted mine on my 700-4 when I still had it, the intakes were a little loose and the exhaust were on the money. A buddy of mine bought a 700-4 back in 2014 when they became available, he put over 10,000 miles on that machine and never had the valves checked. He’s a logger and beat the piss out of that 700 every day. The 700 is a pretty durable machine. I get the frustration though, the stealerahips make life hard by not doing what we ask. They may have just listened to the valves and determined they were ok, if so, they should document it so you don’t have to worry about it.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
It should be on your receipt . I change my own stuff I just write down hours and miles on my ticket when I buy everything and file it. My dealer wants 420.00 to service. Screw that I won't let them bend me over.

Reactions: Mudwing
jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
My friend who was a tech at one of the rip off joints, here in Tucson, said they rarely check them on the first service. His reasoning was he had never seen one that needed it. He wouldn't add the time on the ticket, so the service advisor wouldn't bill for labor he knew didn't need to be done. He says to have them checked on the 3-4th service and then that should be it.

Just ones guys take.

Reactions: Mudwing
H

HondaTech

I do whatever our write/manager bill for.

If the labor reflects a full first service your getting it. If the customer only wants the oil changed your getting just that.

A full service includes multiple things and I take each one of items very seriously.

Every screw type adjuster engine is usually loose even after only 100 miles.

Reactions: Farmer and Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!