P700 Turf Mode Deal Breaker for a 700...

S

Stevio

Mar 31, 2024
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-2
Lots of research into buying our first sxs, the Pioneer 700 is the perfect fit... except for the lack of turf mode. Primary use is for light landscaping, mulching trails, running people up and down a steep hill to a dock, moving empty trailers around and a quarter of my use is going to be on a well manicured lawn, the 1000 is too big so it's not an option. How manageable is it? The only other model that seems to work better is the Polaris Ranger 570 but ugh, the belt drive. Which is worse... lack of Turf mode or belt drive?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're thinking the 1000 is too big for a lawn (more so than dimensionally) I wouldn't worry about it at all. Especially if you put some turf tires on it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The only other model that seems to work better is the Polaris Ranger 570 but ugh, the belt drive. Which is worse... lack of Turf mode or belt drive?
Welcome from Michigan

The belt drive is an issue yes. But if u like putting out fires and quick to exit in case of a fire and like no starts get a Poo Poo Ranger. 🔥

PS a stock P1000 aint much bigger than that Poo Poo Ranger😉 just get it, you wont regret it in the long run

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of research into buying our first sxs, the Pioneer 700 is the perfect fit... except for the lack of turf mode. Primary use is for light landscaping, mulching trails, running people up and down a steep hill to a dock, moving empty trailers around and a quarter of my use is going to be on a well manicured lawn, the 1000 is too big so it's not an option. How manageable is it? The only other model that seems to work better is the Polaris Ranger 570 but ugh, the belt drive. Which is worse... lack of Turf mode or belt drive?
If it's in the budget go for the 1000. It's a nice upgrade from the 700. Like others said it's not much bigger in physical size than the 700. Good luck!

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I believe the rear box and its seats in the 1000 are the same as the 700. Wheel track is only slightly wider. Want turf mode, get the 1000. We looked at the 570 and passed, didn’t like the belt or the overall build quality. Hey the 1000 also has a twin cylinder engine which is nice, and great resale value.

Reactions: Rayger143
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Belt drive is worse

Reactions: Rayger143
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
For my part, I'm poking fun at the dinky P5. Power Wheelz!

I'd love to have 700 cc's (and the 5 speed), in the 50" platform.
Its all in fun. 50 inch wide would be fun but I have a couple of 4 wheelers for that. If the 700 had one or 2 more gears it would be great. I still think it does better than what people give it credit sometimes. Hell I even make fun of it sometimes. I could really get whatever I wanted as long as the wife would let me. If it really came down to it

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Its all in fun. 50 inch wide would be fun but I have a couple of 4 wheelers for that. If the 700 had one or 2 more gears it would be great. I still think it does better than what people give it credit sometimes. Hell I even make fun of it sometimes. I could really get whatever I wanted as long as the wife would let me. If it really came down to it
The first ride I ever went on at RRB was with three P1's and a P7. Seemed like the P7 was handling everything as well as the P1's. But I also watched all of them struggle on some stuff that I was able to take a side ledge and walk right up. There's a time and place where all of these machine's shine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!