P700 My first 2015 700-4! Shocks vs. Lift?

P

PartsGuy03

Jan 19, 2021
Ft. Lauderdale
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello everyone, new guy here. I just got a stock 2015 700-4 Pioneer and looking to perform some mods.

My first question is the 1000(fronts) Shock swap vs. 2"-2.5" in lift, which is better?

I'm in Florida and it's sand and mud, we are not super fast drivers but trails and such. My wife would be driving Pioneer mostly with kids.

Thanks,

Joe

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
a spacer lift kills your articulation, and the stock shocks are ok at best. I put the can am shocks on my front and could go much faster in the rough stuff. although I am looking for something else for the rear. I tried the spacer lift and after 30 miles of rocky trails my kids in the back seat were pretty beat up. If your trails are smooth and not rocky then a lift may be what you need to potentially keep your feet dry. or if you don't tow with it up hill you could put 27" tires on it and be more than fine.

Sxssnow

• Love
Reactions: livefromthetree
P

PartsGuy03

Jan 19, 2021
Ft. Lauderdale
Ownership

1. 700-4
The lift kits I was looking reposition the shocks rather than space (I thought). I just don't have 1k+ to spend on Fox shocks. I have tried looking for front 1000 or can-am shocks but I'd prob win the lottery or find a unicorn first.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!