P1000 First ride with Flash

J

JCutah

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, go ahead and sing the Flash Gordan theme song by Queen. I do.

This is my first side by side. And first honda. Been a die hard polaris atv and sled guy. The learning curve is steep.

I have a little mtn property in Utah which I bought for the recreation. I get to ride right out the door if you will.

I have been delayed on this first ride. I bought Flash in December for a Christmas gift. But the trailer was at my property which sits at 7700 feet. With all the snow Utah got, the trailer was stranded for a long time. Then the road washed out a bit with all the run off. It was bad enough I couldn't get the trailer out. I don't have a tractor, so I rebuilt by hand with rocks on the property. But finally with some work and time, I got the trailer out so I could load up.

20170604 163918
20170604 163958
20170604 140506
20170604 164024
What did I learn on the first ride? The bug buster wind shield with the soft fabric rear killed dust big time. The heat out of the shifter is too much. The added rack on the back by brick city (Moses in Az) is a great add. I did see the need to add a much better skid plate.

Had a great time. Saw a few deer, a small bull moose and lots of pretty country.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
AWESOME riding area.

Very nice to start your SXS life at the top!!!!!
Welcome and enjoy.

Reactions: pct and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love the pictures it's beautiful. Welcome

Reactions: pct and sharp
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice pics,Welcome from WV

Reactions: sharp
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great pictures. Welcome aboard from South Arkansas

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

advertisement
Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

This is my first side by side. And first honda. Been a die hard polaris atv and sled guy. The learning curve is steep.

I have a little mtn property in Utah which I bought for the recreation. I get to ride right out the door if you will.

I have been delayed on this first ride. I bought Flash in December for a Christmas gift. But the trailer was at my property which sits at 7700 feet. With all the snow Utah got, the trailer was stranded for a long time. Then the road washed out a bit with all the run off. It was bad enough I couldn't get the trailer out. I don't have a tractor, so I rebuilt by hand with rocks on the property. But finally with some work and time, I got the trailer out so I could load up.

View attachment 45692 View attachment 45693 View attachment 45694 View attachment 45691 What did I learn on the first ride? The bug buster wind shield with the soft fabric rear killed dust big time. The heat out of the shifter is too much. The added rack on the back by brick city (Moses in Az) is a great add. I did see the need to add a much better skid plate.

Had a great time. Saw a few deer, a small bull moose and lots of pretty country.
Can you direct me to the cooler rack on the back, looks sweet and very functional

J

Jshell3

View attachment 45692 View attachment 45693 View attachment 45694 View attachment 45691 What did I learn on the first ride? The bug buster wind shield with the soft fabric rear killed dust big time. The heat out of the shifter is too much. The added rack on the back by brick city (Moses in Az) is a great add. I did see the need to add a much better skid plate.

Wow!
Great to have you !!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Great pictures. I can't tell where your tie off points are on your P1-5, what I can tell you, don't tie off to the ROPS or front bumper with no side rails on your trailer. I was involved in a head on (not my fault) and if it weren't for my side rails my P1-5 would have splatted the truck that hit me, thinking reciver
hitch for rear tie off and loop through front frame for front tie off points. Had two tie downs break 1 front, 1 back, my side rails and front rails were the only thing that kept Rooster in the trailer. And Welcome!

Reactions: sharp and elkguide
J

JCutah

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great pictures. I can't tell where your tie off points are on your P1-5, what I can tell you, don't tie off to the ROPS or front bumper with no side rails on your trailer. I was involved in a head on (not my fault) and if it weren't for my side rails my P1-5 would have splatted the truck that hit me, thinking reciver
hitch for rear tie off and loop through front frame for front tie off points. Had two tie downs break 1 front, 1 back, my side rails and front rails were the only thing that kept Rooster in the trailer. And Welcome!
Thanks for the heads up

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nevada, great looking rig I'm jelious of your place to ride as well, wow good stuff.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!