P500 First service at dealer - this a good price?

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
A call..won't do s***
Most techs are not honda
approved...kid out of
high school shop class
Take old one with you
...home Depot
lowes...they have a
whole drawer full of
o rings...get a handful

Those O-rings are a special size, and I highly doubt you will find exact replacements at a home improvement store.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Those O-rings are a special size, and I highly doubt you will find exact replacements at a home improvement store.
I did....
....here at this home depot

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
A call..won't do s***
Most techs are not honda
approved...kid out of
high school shop class

Actually it doesn't take a highly trained tech to change oil, and I've seen some mechanics that are pretty sloppy about doing oil changes.
Somebody that has some mechanical aptitude, common sense and attention to detail can do as good of a job on that service work as a full fledge tech. I'm not a mechanic, just a set up "tech" (make next to nothing;$9/hr.), and do first services all the time and have never had any issues. I'm fussy about the work I do, and care about my work even though I'm making poverty level income.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Check....
That size is common...
for nailguns...compressor
etc....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Actually it doesn't take a highly trained tech to change oil, and I've seen some mechanics that are pretty sloppy about doing oil changes.
Somebody that has some mechanical aptitude, common sense and attention to detail can do as good of a job on that service work as a full fledge tech. I'm not a mechanic, just a set up "tech" (make next to nothing;$9/hr.), and do first services all the time and have never had any issues. I'm fussy about the work I do, and care about my work even though I'm making poverty level income.
Well that's good...
most people want a check
not a job..
my b**** was you pay tech
prices....but get greenhorn
service. ...
a greenhorn is not as of
observant. ..as a tech
wasn't singling you out

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Most shops...have 1 or 2 techs
over see work being done in
the shop...doing some of
...the technical work
mentoring..those who are
paid hourly

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Kool Buford...stick with it
world needs good honest
mechanics

H

HEM

Dec 8, 2016
Texarkana,Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Just something I ran into... the dealer I bought mine from quoted me $385 for first service which I thought was crazy high! Called another dealer and they said $275 for first service so of course I went to them and told them thanks for the savings and the tech asked what I meant and so I told him about the other quote and he freaked out because he said that the $275 was Honda flat rate nation wide and that he needed to contact the big wigs and let them know that they were ripping people off at the other dealership.
Was quoted around 280.00 far first time service here in Texarkana,Texas.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!