Fixed//Front final clutch / i4wd freezing front wheels - wont turn

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Raceco cromoly hubs and Hess front knuckles are not compatible, they will completely bind over 80lbs torq.

Raceco hubs have approx 1/16 higher center face over stock (around the threaded axle receiving cylinder) that when you pass 80lbs of torque will bind on the Hess knuckle face. Both work with stock components but you need to mill raceco hub down for it not to bind at torq and pop a 103 code if you are going to use it with a Hess knuckle.

If your front wheels ever bind do not chase the 103 code - its a symptom not the cause. Per the thread binding front wheels are mechanical.

My bust, thank you to everyone for details on the clutch.

Long chain of events that came together causing me to chase the 103, all codes are clear and it's ready to rip.

Thank you to Glenn Hess for always being willing and ready to talk through gremlins.

20 hrs of fun little nightmare chasing - but pleasure sharing and troubleshooting with you all.

If any of you ever wanna hit the deserts between Vegas and Barstow pm me - those are my stomping grounds.

🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟
Shazam - that’s awesome

I think u learned a little from ya on this one and u have been up front on most of the details

-confirms my theory - always more to the story - lol

Fyi - you got a lot of help and zero ball busting on here - please post pics of your ride and pics of these primo parts in a zero clearance bind

Reactions: 906UP and CID
mannysgalaxy

mannysgalaxy

Lifetime Member
Sep 14, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The info on clutch function was very helpful. Lots of outlier opinions and recommendations but great dialog.

I'm not sure what you mean by ball busting it's hard to be a salty offroader when we are talking about side by sides.

The binding isn't obvious or easily visible but it's there. Hopefully if someone else experiences this thread will save them some headaches and time.

✌️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!