Flip-down/flip-up windshields for the Talon

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Any chance you could give me the measurement from the body up for where the line that the top and bottom come together. I want to see where the line falls to see if it will be in my line of sight. I'm not nearly as tall as you.. LOL

See my pic below:

SuperATV Windshield Seam Height

Measuring from the *point* of the fender cutout through which the roll cage extends, it's about 10" to the top of the lower portion of the flip windshield.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Reactions: clifforeilly

2labkru

Sep 19, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
See my pic below:

View attachment 157260

Measuring from the *point* of the fender cutout through which the roll cage extends, it's about 10" to the top of the lower portion of the flip windshield.

Hope that helps.

Steve
Yes, thanks. That will work perfectly for me to run a tape line across and see where it falls in my sight line. Thanks for the quick response.

Reactions: stellarpod
RutNut

RutNut

May 1, 2018
Nampa, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm thinking that I'd prefer a windshield that is split in half and flips up or down, rather than a full windshield or half shield, thereby affording the option of allowing airflow while providing some protection from the elements when needed. I found the following at SuperATV.com, which flips up.

Honda Talon 1000 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

It pretty much fits the bill, however I think I'd like it to flip down rather than up. Am I overthinking this to believe that a half windshield extending out from the top might be prone to catching on tree limbs, etc.? Have any of you used this particular windshield or one styled like it? I'd appreciate any comments pro or con.

Steve
Try a Clearly Tough. It flips down. I had one on my P500 and loved it. Just ordered one for my TalonX. www.clearlytough.com

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
RutNut

RutNut

May 1, 2018
Nampa, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is that a rubber seal that is against the hood? Does the movement and bouncing cause any issue with the finish where it touches the body when opened?
It never scratched my P500. We just snugged it down tight with included velcro straps. I highly recommend!

RutNut

RutNut

May 1, 2018
Nampa, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, trying to decide between full windshield or the flip up or flip down style.
We got rid of the Honda full windshield after having visibility issues once it got covered with dust. Very hard to see with glare from the sun and in the shadows of trees when covered in dust. This flip down gives us the best of both worlds.

2labkru

Sep 19, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Very well made. Fits perfect. Have not road tested yet.

View attachment 161296 View attachment 161297
I went with this same one. Tested it this past weekend and worked great, a little cold to use flipped up but had to try it and make sure it worked. Just double check all fasteners, even the ones you didn't install, I had a couple that came loose on the way travailing to location.

Reactions: clifforeilly
Jastoner

Jastoner

Jul 4, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went with this same one. Tested it this past weekend and worked great, a little cold to use flipped up but had to try it and make sure it worked. Just double check all fasteners, even the ones you didn't install, I had a couple that came loose on the way travailing to location.

Thank you for the tip!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m seeing a lot of complaints (And not just around this forum) about the breaking point on the flip up windshield being a bit of obstruction of the vision out the front on a machine that’s already lacking the close end view that we’re all use to with the Pioneers, between the lower seating position and an actual front end that sticks out there. In my Pioneer, my line of sight across the hood hits a spot on the ground about 2-1/2 feet forward of the tires. I haven’t measured it, but in the Talon it looks like it’s going to be about 7-8’.

So, I’m thinking about doing the full tilt windshield so that I don’t distract any bit from visibility.

Has anyone used that windshield on the Talon and have any useful commentary on it?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m seeing a lot of complaints (And not just around this forum) about the breaking point on the flip up windshield being a bit of obstruction of the vision out the front on a machine that’s already lacking the close end view that we’re all use to with the Pioneers, between the lower seating position and an actual front end that sticks out there. In my Pioneer, my line of sight across the hood hits a spot on the ground about 2-1/2 feet forward of the tires. I haven’t measured it, but in the Talon it looks like it’s going to be about 7-8’.

So, I’m thinking about doing the full tilt windshield so that I don’t distract any bit from visibility.

Has anyone used that windshield on the Talon and have any useful commentary on it?

I have the super atv flip up on my talon, at 5’10” I’m not overly tall. It does come into my field of vision. It probably about the last foot of trail that I can see, is obstructed by the windshield. To me it’s not a huge deal. When the trail is rough and you are going slow, you can shift forward just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the super atv flip up on my talon, at 5’10” I’m not overly tall. It does come into my field of vision. It probably about the last foot of trail that I can see, is obstructed by the windshield. To me it’s not a huge deal. When the trail is rough and you are going slow, you can shift forward just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feed back.:):cool:

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have Super ATV Windshield & I raised the seat 1 1/2" (I am 5,10") and that helped a lot. Simple spacers tubes Tall guys may not be able to raise it But they can probably see over split point anyway

Reactions: Mikehallad
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have Super ATV Windshield & I raised the seat 1 1/2" (I am 5,10") and that helped a lot. Simple spacers tubes Tall guys may not be able to raise it But they can probably see over split point anyway
You know I drove a two seat Talon (and I’m 6’3) and I looked out over that point just driving along, but wanting to look right down at the closest point on the trail, that bugger is right in the way for me.

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the Super ATV flip up. This is my 3rd one, had one on my 700 still have one on my 1000LE and was a no brainers for the Talon. The one on my 1000LE has at least 4000 trailer miles and 1300 trail miles on it. Not one complaint!View attachment 125018 View attachment 125024

Thinking about this for my R. How is it in the “open up position” when running at speeds? Any problem with trees limbs or other things hitting it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!