chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Was looking at eBay and noticed listing for a flip up windshield that is almost half price of the SuperATV models. Curious if anyone has purchased one of these and how they have held up?

Screenshot 20220406 104855

Reactions: JenElio
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You posted this question twice Fyi lol.

Never seen it before? Looks exactly like the SATV one as if they sold the plans to some others? Not sure just speculation. @SuperATV what say you? Lol

OP, this is technically your first post. You posted a pic but not of your machine yet. welcome to the Forum.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Never seen it before? Looks exactly like the SATV one as if they sold the plans to some others? Not sure just speculation.
Or they reverse-engineered it. Or it's a scam.

Seller is from China, but listing says product ships from Delaware.

Listing says they've sold 41 of them, but there are only 5 total reviews and 4 of them are 6+ months old

chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Yeah I saw the information about seller and thought same thing. I tried to restore my existing scratched up shield and it hasn't gone well. Less scratches but now haze across the whole thing. Didn't want to spend so much on something that takes such a beating so was looking for alternatives

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I saw the information about seller and thought same thing. I tried to restore my existing scratched up shield and it hasn't gone well. Less scratches but now haze across the whole thing. Didn't want to spend so much on something that takes such a beating so was looking for alternatives
there are quite a few plastic polishes available at marine supply's that will help remove minor scratches. works best if you are ok with a buffer. also some spray and wipe

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Was looking at eBay and noticed listing for a flip up windshield that is almost half price of the SuperATV models. Curious if anyone has purchased one of these and how they have held up?

View attachment 328281
Buy it and give us a review. I'm sure the factory that builds that windshield for superatv has stole their design and is selling it. Happens all the time.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Gave up trying to polish mine out too. Now use a 1/2 windshield.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
there are quite a few plastic polishes available at marine supply's that will help remove minor scratches. works best if you are ok with a buffer. also some spray and wipe

Abrasive polishes, used to remove scratches, works well on acrylic plastic (trade name Plexiglas). Abrasives do not work well on polycarbonate (trade name Lexan). The plastic windshields on sxs are mostly going to be polycarbonate for safety reasons, as polycarbonate is much stronger then acrylic. Acrylic can shatter and make sharp shards on impact - it does polish out nice though!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

SuperATV.com has a page that covers how to care and clean your polycarbonate windshields.

Not sure if the eBay windshield is hard-coated or not, but that can alter how you clean it as well.

The eBay listing says is "Materia: Plastic", "Clear & Scratch Resistant", but says "Surface Finish: NO". Also says "Brand: Unbranded".

I do NOT see the word "polycarbonate" anywhere in the ad.

chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Abrasive polishes, used to remove scratches, works well on acrylic plastic (trade name Plexiglas). Abrasives do not work well on polycarbonate (trade name Lexan). The plastic windshields on sxs are mostly going to be polycarbonate for safety reasons, as polycarbonate is much stronger then acrylic. Acrylic can shatter and make sharp shards on impact - it does polish out nice though!
Thank you for the clarification!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You posted this question twice Fyi lol.

Never seen it before? Looks exactly like the SATV one as if they sold the plans to some others? Not sure just speculation. @SuperATV what say you? Lol

OP, this is technically your first post. You posted a pic but not of your machine yet. welcome to the Forum.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)
We have a few copycats out there, for sure!

Buy it and give us a review. I'm sure the factory that builds that windshield for superatv has stole their design and is selling it. Happens all the time.
Found one here on this forum....where the company was actually sending OUR instructions with OUR logo on them! They were literally just printing them off the website. 🤣🤣

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We have a few copycats out there, for sure!

Found one here on this forum....where the company was actually sending OUR instructions with OUR logo on them! They were literally just printing them off the website. 🤣🤣
🤔........but were they also sending stickers?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!