Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
6 01 2016 015

First thread so be patient. This is the hole in my floor before and after repairs. I wanted to glue the piece back in, but could not find anything affordable to glue polyethylene. Honda confirmed the floor was polyethylene. CP suggested I try a soldering gun and "weld" it. It work very well. I don't think it will hold up to another stick impact, but I hope it keeps the water out. Thanks for the great advice CumminsPusher!

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Stick in the trail broke through. I was watching the trail edge when my wife yelled to STOP. Stick stopped about a foot from my crotch:(!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 17501 View attachment 17502
First thread so be patient. This is the hole in my floor before and after repairs. I wanted to glue the piece back in, but could not find anything affordable to glue polyethylene. Honda confirmed the floor was polyethylene. CP suggested I try a soldering gun and "weld" it. It work very well. I don't think it will hold up to another stick impact, but I hope it keeps the water out. Thanks for the great advice CumminsPusher!
That came out really good can tell you used some patience. That's a good looking repair! I still say anyone that gets a stick stuck like that would be fun to ride with!

Last edited:
Reactions: vince and AKRider
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. I was pushing through some grown over spots and managed to push a small cedar right through one of those little checkerboard squares in the front wheel well. Didn't see it at all. Shopped around for a good adhesive for polyethylene (which I knew was the material from reading here) and thought I had found one. Well the big print said it was good for PE the small print didn't recommend it so I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 3 dollar soldering iron and fixed it right up. I think it will hold well but I may add some material left over from my switch plate work for reinforcement. Again, thanks for great solutions.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks guys. I was pushing through some grown over spots and managed to push a small cedar right through one of those little checkerboard squares in the front wheel well. Didn't see it at all. Shopped around for a good adhesive for polyethylene (which I knew was the material from reading here) and thought I had found one. Well the big print said it was good for PE the small print didn't recommend it so I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 3 dollar soldering iron and fixed it right up. I think it will hold well but I may add some material left over from my switch plate work for reinforcement. Again, thanks for great solutions.
I just posted about me doing the same thing!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!