P500 Fly Fishing rod mount?

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Hello,

So we live on a blue ribbon fly fishing river in Montana. Right now we put our fly rods through the side door with reels on floor board
and rods go 45 degrees along door pointing out back top. Use twist tie to secure on netting.

Any ideas out there to mount a couple of long fly rods?

Thank you!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello,

So we live on a blue ribbon fly fishing river in Montana. Right now we put our fly rods through the side door with reels on floor board
and rods go 45 degrees along door pointing out back top. Use twist tie to secure on netting.

Any ideas out there to mount a couple of long fly rods?

Thank you!
Seen some mounts some where that attach to the bottom of the roof mounts on a P1-5 that looked slick. A P5 I don't have a clue, but I think something similar would work. Might look at some truck camper mounts first, be careful backing up. I got to fly fish Montana one time, loved it, what river are you on? I bet it's been crazy with the early snow melt?

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Seen some mounts some where that attach to the bottom of the roof mounts on a P1-5 that looked slick. A P5 I don't have a clue, but I think something similar would work. Might look at some truck camper mounts first, be careful backing up. I got to fly fish Montana one time, loved it, what river are you on? I bet it's been crazy with the early snow melt?
We are on Rock Creek out of the Clinton area. . 42 miles of river. Gets very dusty on the forest road portion. Thanks for the reply!

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I use my P1000 Forest to get me where I am going in situations which sound similar to yours, I leave my 4 piece rods rigged, broken down into two pieces and but put them in my two-gun soft shotgun/rifle case. They ride fine and are not exposed to dust and dirt. You can also carry multiple fly boxes/accessories in the pouches on the case that may not fit in your vest or pack. The rods I use most are 9' so they fit easily into the pouches on either side of the case. There are a variety of sizes and options to fit your buggy and they are multi-use. I just pulled this off of the internet as an example. 71VhINu QL

Reactions: Remington
widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
PS. I envy you! I frequented the Madison below Quake Lake in the 80's and 90's and fish the MO but am looking to fish new waters next time we come to Montana.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
PS. I envy you! I frequented the Madison below Quake Lake in the 80's and 90's and fish the MO but am looking to fish new waters next time we come to Montana.
Might want to tag him like this @Lookouttrout
So he may get a notice and sees your post.
The the thread is 2 yrs old and he's been MIA Going on 4 months just so you know. Hopefully he sees I tagged him for ya.

Reactions: widopenspaces
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
A sporting clays type gun rack will hold them in the back straight up or angled but you have to beware of limbs or other overhead obstructions. A word of caution if letting rods stick out behind machine be careful of gravel roads. My tires threw a rock and broke the tip off of one of my rods.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!