P500 Tie Rod End Spare Parts Kit

A

arachnyd

Feb 20, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I hear quite a bit about carrying spare tie rod for the 500!

I travel in remote places alone, and want to have a robust emergency kit. Normally when I think of people damaging a tie rod in motorsports, I think of the tie rode end- HOWEVER, when I look on the underbody, I think that maybe the greatest risk is actually the tie rod BAR that connects to the end.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could explain to me what part they refer to when they have to replace "a tie rod" on these 500s in the field. Should I carry a "Tie Rode End Kit" or an entire "Tie Rod Kit"

Honda "Tie Rod End Set" is 53010-HL3-A01, but that looks not like a tie rod end but the tie rod attached to the rack and pinion.
Honda "Tie Rod End": 53540-SWA-A02 is the Tie Rod End

Which of those do you carry as spare? (Or both?)

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!