P1000 Footwell door panel @ front middle seat - what's it for?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
A number of people have posted about removing the little "door" in front of the middle passenger seat (floorboard/firewall) area to get some "free heat".

I'm just curious: What's the purpose of that door? When I removed it, I took a quick look around but didn't see anything like "Oh, here's where you can check THIS or change THAT."

Is there an actual purpose for there being a door there?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Well yes . . . free heat!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
LOL. Yea, well, that.

Actually, I ran a heater duct hose from the Ice Crusher heater down there.

Normally, the duct runs from the heater to the dash panel area where the "WARNING" label is affixed. You would remove that label and then install the vents.

However, I have a PBR switch plate there with a radio, switches, dual voltmeter and dual USB charger ports, so I can't put the vents there (no room).

So I ran the duct down to that little door and plan on cutting out a 3" hole to be able to install one of the two 3" heater vents from the kit.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something I shouldn't because the door had an actual purpose.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A number of people have posted about removing the little "door" in front of the middle passenger seat (floorboard/firewall) area to get some "free heat".

I'm just curious: What's the purpose of that door? When I removed it, I took a quick look around but didn't see anything like "Oh, here's where you can check THIS or change THAT."

Is there an actual purpose for there being a door there?
It gives you access to some stuff without having to take the floorboards/firewall out. The only thing I know for sure is the steering rack. I think I used it 1 other time when i ran power to my under seat fan.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its free heat to the people from KY down! Not enough for our cold temps @Scoop. just like reversing our underseat fan! as low as our temps can get, the heat gets 3” out (no homo 🤣 ) then becomes cold air lol.
I used the access for my sub Wiring.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"Front Floor Lid." Honda Manual, p. 2-26. 🤔

My street legal kit called it an access panel, which seems like a better description.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!