P700 For the winch wiring experts

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve searched a lot of threads and I’m still coming up short, and it looks like my 7 post switch may be a little different than most. Here’s a pic of the wiring diagram
707B5B09 D20A 4534 BED4 136801E66638

and here is where I’m at currently

7 is the ground. 2 is + from battery. Per my switch plate diagram, blue is + lower dash light and yellow is - lower dash light. Black from the winch is in 3 and is my winch in direction. Where does green from the winch go? Do I jump it onto one of the other wires?

H

HondaTech

So it seems the same thing has happened to you that happened to us a while ago. The switch "cover" that has the winch logo on it has been installed upside down on the actually switch.

So the "cover" would have, let's say "IN" on top, but the "OUT" wire would plug in there. So you should just plug the "OUT" wire into 1 I do believe. The winch wires are just receiving power when the switch is pressed in the certain direction.

If your uncertain thats going to work, just see what pole has power when you press the switch in either direction.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Easy, Ill help u in a bit.
But first. How do you want the swirch backlighting to work?
Both always on?
On with headlights?
On when pushed?

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
So it seems tr he same thing has happened to you that happened to us a while ago. The switch "cover" that has the winch logo on it has been installed upside down on the actually switch.

So the "cover" would have, let's say "IN" on top, but the "OUT" wite would plug in there. So you should just plug the "OUT" wire into 1 I do believe. The winch wires are just receiving power when the switch is pressed in the certain direction.

If your uncertain thats going to work, just see what pole has power when you press the switch in either direction.
That worked. Thank you!

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Easy, Ill help u in a bit.
But first. How do you want the swirch backlighting to work?
Both always on?
On with headlights?
On when pushed?
@HondaTech had the solution. The lighting of the switch I wasn’t too worried about and will come back later and fix. Thanks guys

Reactions: Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!