P500 For those who have used a Kill switch as an antitheft device on the Pioneer 500

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For those who Have used a Kill switch as Part of an anti theft strategy to help stop thieves
How do you do it ?
I have never wired a Kill switch on a SXS or a Vehicle and not much of a mechanic.

Thanks

Reactions: rtn001 and TxDoc
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would wire it in to cut the spark (CDI), or cut the fuel pump.

I had one like this on my old raptor 660. That way I could just take the teather with me.

E4F02A5A 4161 4E5B 8515 5541318D3A39

Reactions: rtn001 and Bmurray
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was hoping someone who knows more than me would chime in. Lol

Reactions: rtn001
B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I wired in a remote control relay to the fuel pump circuit. Every time I turn on the key I push the remote button to energize the fuel pump circuit prior to cranking the engine.

Here is what I used.

Because I'm paranoid I also wired in a fuse holder (which I leave empty) in parallel with the relay so that in the event the remote batteries died in the remote I could plug a fuse into the holder.

I did this on a Talon but I suspect that that the wiring is almost the same on a Pioneer.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wired in a remote control relay to the fuel pump circuit. Every time I turn on the key I push the remote button to energize the fuel pump circuit prior to cranking the engine.

Here is what I used.

Because I'm paranoid I also wired in a fuse holder (which I leave empty) in parallel with the relay so that in the event the remote batteries died in the remote I could plug a fuse into the holder.

I did this on a Talon but I suspect that that the wiring is almost the same on a Pioneer.
Thanks for the information

Reactions: rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!