Former Enduro Junky joining the Dark Side :)

DesertWreck

DesertWreck

Feb 20, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
Hey All. Wonderful place you have here. Thanks for letting me join. I do not have a Pioneer YET, but have narrowed my 2 year long search down to either the 700-4, or the 1000-5. We Will be buying in the next 6 months and this site is helping me narrow down my decision.
Anyone want to tell me their thoughts on which I should go with? Here is my story. I am married with 2 boys that are 14 and 10. We are looking for a trail machine to explore the desert in. I am Not concerned about the power factor as much as a nice, fairly comfy little rig to haul the Family around in, use for some hunting, and get off the beaten path. I won't be climbing vertical walls, hitting ponds, or muddin' it like crazy. Just mostly puttin' around on some rutted, rocky hard pack roads.
I have to say, the Price difference between the 700-4 and 1000-5 is REALLY pushing me toward the 700-4, especially because I could afford to hit the 700 with accessories. But, would Love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for your time, all!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds like the 700 would work fine for you but I would look for a used 700.4 with cessories already on it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club @DesertWreck. Being as you have older boys and indicate you will be desert riding you would be hard pressed to pass on the 1000-5. The suspension is far superior to the 700. The improved ride alone plus the 6 speeed dct make it well worth the added cost .

Reactions: DesertWreck
DesertWreck

DesertWreck

Feb 20, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
Well, I found out there is a dealership about 7 minutes from my front door, yesterday. Ran down and fondled the 700-4 and 1000-5 for almost two hours. After talking with Wifey-Poo upon returning home, the 700-4 seems as if it is going to be the Much easier sell, for her. Honestly, I can't imagine the 700-4 not doing anything and everything I could want it to, even if it is a bit less comfy. Such cool machines, though. Was really nice to compare them side by side to the Polaris and Yamaha Crew cabs. Good Lord, those things are So Big in comparison.

Reactions: Koda
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey All. Wonderful place you have here. Thanks for letting me join. I do not have a Pioneer YET, but have narrowed my 2 year long search down to either the 700-4, or the 1000-5. We Will be buying in the next 6 months and this site is helping me narrow down my decision.
Anyone want to tell me their thoughts on which I should go with? Here is my story. I am married with 2 boys that are 14 and 10. We are looking for a trail machine to explore the desert in. I am Not concerned about the power factor as much as a nice, fairly comfy little rig to haul the Family around in, use for some hunting, and get off the beaten path. I won't be climbing vertical walls, hitting ponds, or muddin' it like crazy. Just mostly puttin' around on some rutted, rocky hard pack roads.
I have to say, the Price difference between the 700-4 and 1000-5 is REALLY pushing me toward the 700-4, especially because I could afford to hit the 700 with accessories. But, would Love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for your time, all!
My buddy that I ride with most has a P7, nice rig, like all Ps needs shocks, bad. The gear selection is the big difference, no high/low range and no turf mode for the yard, if you don't need the high/ low range and turf mode and don't have the need for speed, I would defiantly go for the P7

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My buddy that I ride with most has a P7, nice rig, like all Ps needs shocks, bad. The gear selection is the big difference, no high/low range and no turf mode for the yard, if you don't need the high/ low range and turf mode and don't have the need for speed, I would defiantly go for the P7
Ultimate set up would be P1 and get a P5 and put it in the back of the P1 for tight woods! HA!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ultimate set up would be P1 and get a P5 and put it in the back of the P1 for tight woods! HA!
That would be a good setup. Maybe add 700 for good measure. Btw you are damn good at dragging up old threads

Reactions: popeye

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!