BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So excited, I got my Fox Shocks on last night and my new tires and wheels are going on tonight! Anyone going to the Takeover have a spanner wrench I could use down there to adjust the pre-load?

Or know where I could buy one on my way down?

Coming from WI, through Chicago, Indy, Dayton & Cincinnati

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So excited, I got my Fox Shocks on last night and my new tires and wheels are going on tonight! Anyone going to the Takeover have a spanner wrench I could use down there to adjust the pre-load?

Or know where I could buy one on my way down?

Coming from WI, through Chicago, Indy, Dayton & Cincinnati

I’ll bring mine you can use it.

It’s easier to adjust them OFF the machine.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you ohanacreek! I kinda thought that might be the case. Because of clearance for the spanner or the load on it? I

Both.

The hitch actually works well to hold one end static so you can get some force on it.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both.

The hitch actually works well to hold one end static so you can get some force on it.
I plan to just do the fronts to start. I was thinking I could just take top loose and pivot it out maybe...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plan to just do the fronts to start. I was thinking I could just take top loose and pivot it out maybe...

Id like to tell you that might work.

But it won’t, even if it did you’d only get one notch before you had to reseat the spanner it’d take longer than taking it off. May take 20mins each of you take them off.

J

JTW

I found it easiest to lace the bottom shock bolt in and then tighten the preload. I just used a good pipe wrench.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i got my spanner wrench packed as well. Have not adjusted mine yet. sitting with 7/8" threads showing, since i dont have the rears im gonna start with that and see how it goes.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Id like to tell you that might work.

But it won’t, even if it did you’d only get one notch before you had to reseat the spanner it’d take longer than taking it off. May take 20mins each of you take them off.
SO, I haven't been able to get on here much I am on my way down. Ohanacreek, how can I hook up with you when I get down there? I'll be there around 11 AM Friday morning. I'm going to put A-Arms on the front as well, so I will have the shocks out. I'm staying at RRB.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SO, I haven't been able to get on here much I am on my way down. Ohanacreek, how can I hook up with you when I get down there? I'll be there around 11 AM Friday morning. I'm going to put A-Arms on the front as well, so I will have the shocks out. I'm staying at RRB.

Got your PM

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We weren't able to find redneck 7. It's about 2:30 we're still over at Redneck 1 and 1/2 you get back. Also I need an M8 1.25 hex head by 25 mm long, if you or anyone else happens to have one. Putting a arms on right now I'm running out of time for the 5:00 run

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
where did you purchase your spanner wrench?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!