P1000 Frame stiffener

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, 78hp out of a 1000cc engine? That would be an accomplishment if it were 1970.
There’s a kit that Honda owners can install to make 1970 feel like 1950.
IMG 0959

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Are the frames on the Pioneer welded together properly? Why is a frame brace needed?

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the frames on the Pioneer welded together properly? Why is a frame brace needed?
My guess…the frames are built to deal with reasonable spec of X. Some peeps prefer to push the machines to more of a spec of X+Y. The frame brace/stiffener covers the +Y usage of the machine. Or likely in more case than not, it’s cheap insurance for unintended +Y use….like when your teen kiddo drives it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t know, I stick to the campgrounds and under 5mph where it’s highly unlikely anything will ever be harmed.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My guess…the frames are built to deal with reasonable spec of X. Some peeps prefer to push the machines to more of a spec of X+Y. The frame brace/stiffener covers the +Y usage of the machine. Or likely in more case than not, it’s cheap insurance for unintended +Y use….like when your teen kiddo drives it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t know, I stick to the campgrounds and under 5mph where it’s highly unlikely anything will ever be harmed.
This is exactly it. My blue machine is bent to hell from beatings or riding as we call it. There's also a red 5 seat that is used around the house like honda intended and its mint. If had this brace I might not of torn off the tabs or bent the frame. I put one on the talon and it's already saved it.

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
odd that they would make one for the RMAX since its not needed. 🤷‍♂️

Don’t go bringing facts into a purely emotional argument!

What the hell’s the matter with you?
- Some dad somewhere

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
install it. Worth the trouble.
start with one or two bolts just started so you can move the plate around and light up others.
you may need to bend a shape a little.
as you tighten, things may gradually pull back together.

I had a failure: low speed tree stump ripped tabs off my last machine, no plate.
sold the machine to a guy handy with a welder.
Frame tabs are a design flaw.
A arms and replaceable parts should fail before frame welds and tabs.

newer machine now, 2020, installed the frame stiffener, very happy.
and while it won't save me from frame tab failure or bending something, i have reasonable confidence that replacable parts will fail before ripping the tabs or mounts off. maybe.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
install it. Worth the trouble.
start with one or two bolts just started so you can move the plate around and light up others.
you may need to bend a shape a little.
as you tighten, things may gradually pull back together.

I had a failure: low speed tree stump ripped tabs off my last machine, no plate.
sold the machine to a guy handy with a welder.
Frame tabs are a design flaw.
A arms and replaceable parts should fail before frame welds and tabs.

newer machine now, 2020, installed the frame stiffener, very happy.
and while it won't save me from frame tab failure or bending something, i have reasonable confidence that replacable parts will fail before ripping the tabs or mounts off. maybe.
You’d be hard pressed to find a vehicle that you can violently rip an A arm off and not damage the mounts.

advertisement