P1000m5 Ran Across This Tailgate Stiffener Kit

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You you know, So did I. About 3 weeks ago. It is awesome. I am 260 and can stand on my tailgate / sit on it. this is perfect especially if anybody ever does deer hunting and has to drag a pretty heavy load across the tailgate. If your on the Facebook group I did a little write up about it. 0079e727561b0be3f114d7cae93233f6Ea2b2b41dca948cc8dd09dc4057505f6

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I saw that about two months ago, not a bad price on it.

Reactions: TxDoc
Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if the tailgate stiffiner kit will work with a JEI bed extender? The bed extender included longer cables to level the tailgate. It looks like the stiffener kit brackets wouldn't interfere with the bed extender and the longer cables wouldn't interfere with the stiffener. Just checking to see if anyone has both installed.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if the tailgate stiffiner kit will work with a JEI bed extender? The bed extender included longer cables to level the tailgate. It looks like the stiffener kit brackets wouldn't interfere with the bed extender and the longer cables wouldn't interfere with the stiffener. Just checking to see if anyone has both installed.
Actually, now that I look at it again, the leveling brackets that come with the stiffener kit will not work with a JEI bed extender as they will interfere with the side brackets of the extender when closing the tailgate.

So, now my question is, can you install the stiffener but not use the leveling brackets?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually, now that I look at it again, the leveling brackets that come with the stiffener kit will not work with a JEI bed extender as they will interfere with the side brackets of the extender when closing the tailgate.

So, now my question is, can you install the stiffener but not use the leveling brackets?
Yes. That's what I did. I have different brackets or a different cable also works.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glank and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!