P1000 Front and Rear door rattle

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am probably addressing a well known topic but I have never been able to use our Search feature with any luck. Several of my friends and i are experiencing door rattles which for serious hunters is a big NO. I do see the door "snubbers" but need some advice on the process of adjusting these. I have also ordered the replacement bushings from RB3 for the front and will do that as well.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am probably addressing a well known topic but I have never been able to use our Search feature with any luck. Several of my friends and i are experiencing door rattles which for serious hunters is a big NO. I do see the door "snubbers" but need some advice on the process of adjusting these. I have also ordered the replacement bushings from RB3 for the front and will do that as well.
You got it handled.

Reactions: Lady01 and toddvdh
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Following those before me.

After the bushings, it's trial and error to find the sweet spot by adjusting the rubber bumper on the door and adjusting the latches on the frame.
Once you get what you can there, adding some automotive screw in rubber bumpers on the doors, at the bottom against and under the seat, about knee high. These helped quiet them down.
Back doors still make a little noise but tolerable.
I also braced the tailgate with bumpers, too and cured that.
Search door rattle and you should find a lot of info from others who worked through it.

Last edited:
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Following those before me.

After the bushings, it's trial and error to find the sweet spot by adjusting the rubber bumper on the door and adjusting the latches on the frame.
Once you get what you can there, adding some automotive screw in rubber bumpers on the doors, at the bottom against and under the seat, about knee high. These helped quiet them down.
Back doors still make a little noise but tolerable.
I also braced the tailgate with bumpers, too and cured that.
Search door rattle and you should find a lot of info from others who worked through it.

Most excellent; Thank you!@

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!