P1000 Front bumper bolts

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took my front bumper off the other day to install the deluxe led headlights in my base model 1000-5. When I was putting the upper bolts back in I noticed that they seemed to be crushing the square tube frame that the square tube bumper slides into. Before I really crank it down and crush it any further I was wondering if somebody has a parts diagram for this and knows if there are sleeves for the bolts so it wont crush it to far or something? Right now i have it snug and it has started to pinch the frame tube a bit but the bumper is still loose. I don't think any sleeves or washers fell out when I took it apart.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There are no sleeves in there. Some of the factory bolts are just over tightened. Shouldn't get much worse because of the bumper bracket coming into it

Reactions: CTDpower and pct
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, good to know. I'll crank it down then a little more, at least till I can't wiggle the bumper by hand haha.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Or go to Lowe's and buy some spacers. I did that when I installed my EMP bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Are we talkin about the factory bumper?
I thought it had a bent metal strip inside the square tubes to keep the tube from collapsing.
They are like tack welded at the edge to keep them together.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!