People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Somehow I’ve stripped bolt and need to retap the nut! Anyone know tap size/thread of the lower bigger bolts on front bumper? Thx

9B02A2AB 89E4 4E2E A871 A4074480499B

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Somehow I’ve stripped bolt and need to retap the nut! Anyone know tap size/thread of the lower bigger bolts on front bumper? Thx

View attachment 343124
I do not, but it's happened to a lot of us. There's a thread or two on upgrading that issue so it's a little easier next time you need the bumper to come off.
20200731 2352092

I think I broke one of the same bolts the very first time the bumper came off for wench install. I drilled out a bigger hole and added bigger/stronger bolts with a welded nut from the inside. Went ahead and added recovery hooks to the same bolts as that's about the strongest point up front. Either way, sorry I can't quite help ya on the tap size, good luck Stone Man 👍

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I do not, but it's happened to a lot of us. There's a thread or two on upgrading that issue so it's a little easier next time you need the bumper to come off.
View attachment 343125
I think I broke one of the same bolts the very first time the bumper came off for wench install. I drilled out a bigger hole and added bigger/stronger bolts with a welded nut from the inside. Went ahead and added recovery hooks to the same bolts as that's about the strongest point up front. Either way, sorry I can't quite help ya on the tap size, good luck Stone Man 👍
Thx buddy! Hope all is well down in Florida!!!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
M6 x1mm and m8x1.5mm should fix you up.

Reactions: JenElio
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't remember whether it was the uppers or lowers, but I wound up just drilling them out so the welded nut was just a pass-thru.

Then I used new, longer bolts with a new nylock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!