ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have the JEI Bumper and it is pretty nice. similar style to the one on the Ranger in your picture. The only issue I have with it is that it's a pain to get in installed.

K

kev_p100_5

Sep 11, 2018
quebec
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On my Ranger I had a nice heavy duty bumper and I'd like to get something similar for my P1k5. I drive through quite a bit of brush, limbs, etc and want to protect the front better than what the stock option offers. Can anyone recommend a bumper maybe similar to what's in the pics below?

View attachment 109117

View attachment 109118

View attachment 109119
Supplier Part #: 13147
EMP FRONT BUMPER WITH WINCH MOUNT AND LED LIGHTS HONDA PIONEER 1000/1000-5

https://utvcanada.com/uploads/2016/09/f143838766-600x450.jpg

F143838766 600x450

F143838770 600x450

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Update on the JEI bumper: It is a terrible choice if you intend to use a snow plow. What a nightmare! I had to grind the bumper around the bottom attachment bolts to clear the plow plate which really upset me. Even after that, the plate would just barely work with the bumper. And the very last bolt was impossible to install (passenger side bottom bumper bolt) so I got a 5/16 grade 8 bolt that would slide through the hole and put a nut on it. I spent way more time than I should have had to installing the bumper in the first place, and then spent a ton of time getting this plow plate to work with the bumper. And now I am already dreading the spring when I have to take the plow plate off! Now I just feel like the first time I need to winch myself out this bumper will just fail and then I'll be stuck with it. I hope that doesn't happen, but at this point I feel like I'm never going to have any good luck with this bumper. At least it looks great!

IMG 0267 IMG 0268

Reactions: TripleB
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Update on the JEI bumper: It is a terrible choice if you intend to use a snow plow. What a nightmare! I had to grind the bumper around the bottom attachment bolts to clear the plow plate which really upset me. Even after that, the plate would just barely work with the bumper. And the very last bolt was impossible to install (passenger side bottom bumper bolt) so I got a 5/16 grade 8 bolt that would slide through the hole and put a nut on it. I spent way more time than I should have had to installing the bumper in the first place, and then spent a ton of time getting this plow plate to work with the bumper. And now I am already dreading the spring when I have to take the plow plate off! Now I just feel like the first time I need to winch myself out this bumper will just fail and then I'll be stuck with it. I hope that doesn't happen, but at this point I feel like I'm never going to have any good luck with this bumper. At least it looks great!

View attachment 173080 View attachment 173081
I put my synthetic rope back on my winch last night. You're supposed to "stretch" the rope, so I hooked up to a tree and pulled my machine up a slight hill to put tension on it. I rode the brakes a little bit to add tension and I noticed when I hit the brake the winch was flexing toward the rope! So now I am scared of what will happen if I actually get stuck and need to winch hard. JEI made a "custom" mount to install this winch on their bumper. I highly doubt that the mount/bumper is going to stay put with over 5000 pounds of pull on it.

• Wow
Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I put my synthetic rope back on my winch last night. You're supposed to "stretch" the rope, so I hooked up to a tree and pulled my machine up a slight hill to put tension on it. I rode the brakes a little bit to add tension and I noticed when I hit the brake the winch was flexing toward the rope! So now I am scared of what will happen if I actually get stuck and need to winch hard. JEI made a "custom" mount to install this winch on their bumper. I highly doubt that the mount/bumper is going to stay put with over 5000 pounds of pull on it.
Well, that’s not good. But in all truth.. they’ll all flex a bit.

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well, that’s not good. But in all truth.. they’ll all flex a bit.

Yeah, I expected a little flex but this kinda scares me cuz it definitely wasn't pulling very hard. When I was shopping winches and winch mounts, I decided I wanted a big badass winch cuz these machines are so heavy. So I got the Warn Axon 55S. I feel like this winch is definitely strong enough to pull itself right off the front of the machine. If that happens, I will be PISSED. It will not be good press for JEI.

Reactions: BigOL3 and JTW
J

JTW

Yeah, I expected a little flex but this kinda scares me cuz it definitely wasn't pulling very hard. When I was shopping winches and winch mounts, I decided I wanted a big badass winch cuz these machines are so heavy. So I got the Warn Axon 55S. I feel like this winch is definitely strong enough to pull itself right off the front of the machine. If that happens, I will be PISSED. It will not be good press for JEI.
Yeah... I don’t blame you for being nervous with the issues you’ve had with it!

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I loved my Strongmade. It bolted to stock bumper. Only thing i didn't like was how far it sticks out from bodywork. Nothing a couple cutoff wheels and a good mig cant solve lol. Great bumper for little money.
IMG 20170825 201948452 1336x752

I've since switched to this one.
20200307 101708

And now this one.
20200404 120632

J

JTW

Have you noticed the TC giving/flexing? I am sure you have used your winch more than I have mine, but I have not notice any flex.
Our TC bumpers need a tab welded to them to make them 10x better. The straight brace bolts into a tab and that tab bent on mine, @Cuoutdoors and @Kilo427 rigs.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our TC bumpers need a tab welded to them to make them 10x better. The straight brace bolts into a tab and that tab bent on mine, @Cuoutdoors and @Kilo427 rigs.
What caused it to bend? Hit something or just winching? Mine still looks like new, other than being dirty ..... lol

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

What caused it to bend? Hit something or just winching? Mine still looks like new, other than being dirty ..... lol
Mine bent went I strapped it down on the way back from Moab. I think I tweaked it in a flop over and then the rough ass roads and tw tension from the ratchet straps caused it to give more and bend.

Reactions: BigOL3
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine bent went I strapped it down on the way back from Moab. I think I tweaked it in a flop over and then the rough ass roads and tw tension from the ratchet straps caused it to give more and bend.
Do you have a picture of which tab bent? I have TC bumper and it's been good so far. Little worried with the way it mounts. I wish they had used a box tube similar to the stock one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Do you have a picture of which tab bent? I have TC bumper and it's been good so far. Little worried with the way it mounts. I wish they had used a box tube similar to the stock one.

@Cuoutdoors @Kilo427 y'all have a pic? If not I’ll try to remember to get one of mine.

Reactions: BigOL3
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. Would like to prevent future problems if I can do something now

Reactions: Isaiah
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this the bracket you are referring too? The mount the top of the bumper to the stock to mounting point?Aeb76e507d233feb915afb82cdda09a7

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a TC bumper on backorder. Should I be thinking of beefing up the mounting?

Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!