P1000 Front Diff Seal Leaking

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well add something else to my frustrations. We rode the wolfpengap in Arkansas this past weekend and I noticed where the driveshaft goes into the back of the front diff is puking oil out. I called the dealer thinking maybe they messed with it when they replaced the transmission last week but he stated they didn't. So he ordered a seal and supposed to be fixed by the end of the week. I know a seal is now big deal but that means that my p1000 will have been in the shop off and on for 3 weeks with less than 300 miles on it. Has anybody else had this problem? I hoping I got the first run and maybe things will get better because my Polaris and Canam wasn't this bad.

Reactions: 0860silverado
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well add something else to my frustrations. We rode the wolfpengap in Arkansas this past weekend and I noticed where the driveshaft goes into the back of the front diff is puking oil out. I called the dealer thinking maybe they messed with it when they replaced the transmission last week but he stated they didn't. So he ordered a seal and supposed to be fixed by the end of the week. I know a seal is now big deal but that means that my p1000 will have been in the shop off and on for 3 weeks with less than 300 miles on it. Has anybody else had this problem? I hoping I got the first run and maybe things will get better because my Polaris and Canam wasn't this bad.
First I hear if it. They mostly Likly jacked it up.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hopefully that will be rare. You would think that a standard shaft seal is a "no brainer" and they couldn't acres that up.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well I moved mine yesterday and there was a oily spot around about where the front diff would have been going out and check it will post back what i found out still have around 6 hrs to go before 1st service

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After my engine oil debacle, I will be keeping an eye on the front differential for sure. Good luck and everyone keep us posted as to the finding.

Reactions: pct
Impalacrazy1959

Impalacrazy1959

Aug 3, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have 150 miles on my 700-4 and I noticed tonight my front differential seal is dripping oil onto the skid plate. With plans to take it out for a long labor day weekend I'm hoping one of the local dealers can fix it up right in time. I'm assuming that problem is under warranty.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
550 miles on my 17 500 and the seal from the rear of the engine to the driveshaft is leaking.

IMG 0329

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!