Front diff seal

H

HondaTech

Finally spent some time and got the seal changed out. Not too bad of a job but took a lot effort to get the ball joints to drop out. Rented a tie rod removal tool from AutoZone and finally got the job done.

View attachment 302882 View attachment 302883 View attachment 302884 View attachment 302885 View attachment 302886

Just an FYI, the ball joints dont need to come out.
We take the axle nut, lower arm mounts and shock off. Lift the assy. up and pull the axle out.

H

HondaTech

I guess I didn’t type exactly what I meant. I didn’t remove the ball joints themselves, just the nuts and dropped the arm out. They were stuck on tight.

Thats what i meant as well, we dont touch thr balljoints at all. Saves a lot of headache and cotter pins. We've also fudged a few balljoint nuts/threads using the tool Honda provides to split the balljoint.

H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thats what i meant as well, we dont touch thr balljoints at all. Saves a lot of headache and cotter pins. We've also fudged a few balljoint nuts/threads using the tool Honda provides to split the balljoint.
Sounds like to me you guys are talking about two different things.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
He's pulling the axle seal and i was referring to the fact you dont have to remove the balljoints from the arms at all.
I am following what you are saying here HondaTech…..you guys are talking about the same thing but the other dude isn't understanding what you are saying....the balljoint doesn't need to be touched or the nut removed at all the way HondaTech is saying to do it. That's the way I will do it from now on also....I hate messing with a balljoint if I don't have to touch it. Thanks for the tip!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!