Front inner fender/mud blocker/Fender flare

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Made a removable inner fender or mud blocker,with a fender flare.The whole thing comes off in one piece,and is held on with only 2 bolts.I made it removable so that the headlight's and voltage regulator are easy to access, plus anything else. First I made a mount to hold the back part on, and the front part just uses one of the front bumper bolts. The frame was tricky to make lots of bends and angles etc:.The frame actually hides up and along the inside of the fender and front grill. I used the same material that I made the cab out of,it's a very durable rubberized canvas.The Fender flare is made from rubber round baler belting.The best part of it is that the whole thing can be removed and installed in a very short time.Having a inner fender will keep all the mud etc: from getting up in around the headlight as well as keep mud/water etc; from getting into the firewall,and up into any electrical stuff.

Pioneer front mud guard 004 Small Pioneer front mud guard 006 Small Pioneer front mud guard 007 Small Pioneer front mud guard 014 Small Pioneer front mud guard 015 Small

Reactions: Paulk
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Though I'd add a couple pics of looking up from underneath.

Pioneer front mud guard 017 Small Pioneer front mud guard 010 Small

Reactions: Paulk
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good idea that is a pain to clean when Honda could've put something there to keep it off the mud shelf they created.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
That looks like the best thing on here, I'm sure if you start producing them you will sell them on here, Just let me know. Get a Patten on it and sell it to Honda!

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I really don't have plans to make them,just do stuff like this for myself.I only have a little better then basic tools. Only fancy thing is a pipe bender that I bought a jig for to beable to bend sq tubing. Was tired of cutting and welding to make bends. Just a small heated work space [10 x24] on one end of my garage. Place for me to stay warm and get out of the house,and use my imagination to make and modify stuff.