• Thread starter AP3-Photography
  • Start date
A

AP3-Photography

Jun 5, 2020
Washigntonville, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am going to change both fluids, but before I do, is there any pitfalls to watch for? First-timer. Thanks!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am going to change both fluids, but before I do, is there any pitfalls to watch for? First-timer. Thanks!
Shouldn’t be too bad. When you are installing the Drain and fill plugs don’t over tighten. I have a P7hundo so I don’t know the intricacies. Just trying to give you some confidence. 😉

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Mudwing!
No problem. I’m getting ready to do the same thing. 😎

A

AP3-Photography

Jun 5, 2020
Washigntonville, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just finished both front and rear differential. Pretty straight forward. Front was very difficult to refill. Need a flexible funnel with long enough reach. But I improvised with a piece of tubing connected to the spout of the oil. Looks good.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Mudwing and CID
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just finished both front and rear differential. Pretty straight forward. Front was very difficult to refill. Need a flexible funnel with long enough reach. But I improvised with a piece of tubing connected to the spout of the oil. Looks good.
Thanks again!
I’m glad you got it. I change my once a year because I mud deep. It’s good insurance. 😉

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am embarassed to say when mine was done last. But then again, I dont use the machine to anywhere near its full potential.
No need to be embarrassed around here. Maybe post a pic of that beast. 😉

A

AP3-Photography

Jun 5, 2020
Washigntonville, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
No need to be embarrassed around here. Maybe post a pic of that beast. 😉
You know, I was going to do that. As a photographer, I have pictures of just about everything. Would you believe I dont have a picture of this beast? I will get a picture this weekend and post it here. Also, I rotated the tires today. Still debating whether to flush the coolant. It looks clean in the reserve tank. Jury still out on it.

Reactions: Mudwing
A

AP3-Photography

Jun 5, 2020
Washigntonville, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
You know, I was going to do that. As a photographer, I have pictures of just about everything. Would you believe I dont have a picture of this beast? I will get a picture this weekend and post it here. Also, I rotated the tires today. Still debating whether to flush the coolant. It looks clean in the reserve tank. Jury still out on it.
Here ya go Mudwing. Not too bad for a 2010 model.

20200606 175652 20200606 175743 20200606 175850

Reactions: Mudwing and CID
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
You can buy a tester to check the coolant. Honda wants it done every two years. But I’d say if it tests good then run it. 😎

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much to worry about, like @Mudwing said, don’t over tighten. I snapped off my rear plug when I had my 700, trying to torque it to specs and it just snapped right off. It was 4 days before I was heading to Windrock, talk about a oh crap moment. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing