WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had the seat cushion come unglued from the plastic base? If so, what is a good adhesive to use? I tried some loctite spray adhesive and it worked for a few months but it's coming off again. Thanks

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone had the seat cushion come unglued from the plastic base? If so, what is a good adhesive to use? I tried some loctite spray adhesive and it worked for a few months but it's coming off again. Thanks
Yes mine did after about year they replaced it sight unseen with warranty I paid a 50 dollar deductible. The second one is holding up well.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine is still intact. If I was having a problem I would bring it to an upholsterer’s shop. They may have a good glue or know better of what works. 😎

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is still intact. If I was having a problem I would bring it to an upholsterer’s shop. They may have a good glue or know better of what works. 😎
Good idea. Thanks.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
Y

Youngen

Nov 1, 2019
Aledo
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine came apart also. Gorilla glue worked for me. Clean surfaces well with rubbing alcohol and clamp it overnigh. Still holding after 2 years. Be sure to wear gloves when using glue as you can’t get it off!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine came apart also. Gorilla glue worked for me. Clean surfaces well with rubbing alcohol and clamp it overnigh. Still holding after 2 years. Be sure to wear gloves when using glue as you can’t get it off!
Great. I ended up using the gorilla glue max strength clear in the caulk gun. Seems like it will hold up well but haven't rode since I glued it.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
FYI : HAVE a Set of Honda P700 Front Seat & Haeadrest Covers CAMO - With automotive Seat Heaters Installed.
Only on about 100 miles before traded off P500 need 48in width. Excellent Condition.
Located Utica N.Y area.
Covers w/heaters have $260 in them take & 140 you pay shipping.
I do not use paypal.
Any interest use PM Please.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
PermaGrip PG107 adhesive spray is the best on the market, you can get it here: Tractor Interior Upholstery LLC | Cab Kits | Tractor Headliners | Post Covers | Acoustical Foam

Permagrip PG107 Tractor Interior Upholstery

L

Lorraine

Nov 24, 2019
Richton, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great. I ended up using the gorilla glue max strength clear in the caulk gun. Seems like it will hold up well but haven't rode since I glued it.
Did this work? I have a 2018 Pioneer 1000/3 and my seat is coming unglued on the passenger side so I am looking for something to glue it back down with. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did this work? I have a 2018 Pioneer 1000/3 and my seat is coming unglued on the passenger side so I am looking for something to glue it back down with. Thanks!
It worked for me but the boss didn't have good luck with it.
I pulled my cushion completely off and then pressure washed and cleaned the plastic base good with some brake cleaner. I removed most of the old glue around the edge also. Then I let it dry on the metal roof of my barn everyday for a week. Put the black side of the cushion up so the water can get out. I drilled the drain holes out bigger so water could get out easier also.
After it was good and dry I brought it in the house and glued it. I used 1 tube but I would have used 2 if I had it. Then I wrapped up the ends with a ratchet strap to pull the cushion down tight on the plastic base. I also set a bunch of ammo cans and boxes on the seat to help out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!