P500 Front shock lower tab placement?

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
On the front shock would it work better to mount the lower shock tower out farther or in closer.Will the angle of shock make it softer or harder?

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

On the front shock would it work better to mount the lower shock tower out farther or in closer.Will the angle of shock make it softer or harder?
If you move it inward , it should be softer (more leverage to compress the spring). This will also raise the ground clearance and reduce the amount of travel. Moving it outward , will cause the opposite affect of moving it inward!

Reactions: trigger and maddmax
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
If you move it inward , it should be softer (more leverage to compress the spring). This will also raise the ground clearance and reduce the amount of travel. Moving it outward , will cause the opposite affect of moving it inward!
Thanks bro that was kinda what I was kicking around.Early last year I made a bracket lift bringing the shock up and out and it just felt a little stiffer to me.I bought some Ridin dirty a arms a while back and i'm going to install them this weekend[forgot to tell them to leave tabs off so i'm going to make me a new set to move them inboard insted of moving them out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!