P500 Front Shock question??

jnmanz28

jnmanz28

Aug 9, 2020
SW Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Are the front shocks supposed to be staggered like this? Looks like the one on the left side is installed upside down! Only one on the machine installed this way. The ride adjustment is down on both rears and the right front. Right sideLeft sideFront shocks

jnmanz28

jnmanz28

Aug 9, 2020
SW Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
2020 with about 15 miles.... Riding around on the deer lease and every time that wheel would contact a bump it would jar your teeth!!! Got to checking things and just noticed it!

Reactions: J80 and Isaiah
jnmanz28

jnmanz28

Aug 9, 2020
SW Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I had the same thought. All the bolts have the factory paint marks so I'm guessing factory installed. Wouldn't think the dealer wouldn't put the paint marks on them, but who knows?? Trying to decide if its worth my time and loss of machine to take it back to the dealer or just do it myself! Probably will just flip it myself tomorrow after work.

THANKS for clarifying the improper install of the shock!!

Reactions: J80
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If it's the same as the the ATV's, they get test driven and then go right into the crate.

Reactions: jnmanz28 and J80
advertisement
R

rickoshea

if i paid for freight/pdi and got that,i'd take it back and make them fix it just on principal.i'd also demand same day service.

Reactions: jnmanz28
jnmanz28

jnmanz28

Aug 9, 2020
SW Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I got them to drop all that when I made the deal! Finding the time to get it there and getting off work, it's just easier to take care of myself.

Reactions: TripleB
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A photo to send to Honda of America lawyers for sure.

Reactions: Jerryg
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Nope it defiantly should not be that way. I worked for Bilstein shocks for ten years and some mono tube gas shocks can be mounted upside down to reduce the unsprung weight on an axel. However the way these shocks are designed the valving will not work right in that position.

Reactions: Jerryg
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
sad . . . it's one thing for it to be installed that way (barely). It's something else entirely for it to be missed and shipped. And then prepped and sold!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!