P500 Front Shock question??

jnmanz28

jnmanz28

Aug 9, 2020
SW Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
sad . . . it's one thing for it to be installed that way (barely). It's something else entirely for it to be missed and shipped. And then prepped and sold!

I thought the same thing. I wondered how did it get past QC and how did the dealership miss it?? Must have been a late Friday build!

With my OCD I can't believe I never noticed it. I caught the dent in the bumper but missed the shock!

Reactions: Mudder
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought the same thing. I wondered how did it get past QC and how did the dealership miss it?? Must have been a late Friday build!

With my OCD I can't believe I never noticed it. I caught the dent in the bumper but missed the shock!
The factory QC should have caught it. After that...I can see how everyone else can miss it. No one would ever think that they have to make sure the shock is installed in the proper orientation. You can bet your bottom dollar I will give a much closer look over my next new machine though.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
sad . . . it's one thing for it to be installed that way (barely). It's something else entirely for it to be missed and shipped. And then prepped and sold!
Right? On my 2018 P500 some of the cage bolts had only been finger-tightened. I heard them rattling loose. On my 2020 Ranger 1000 the seatbelts were mounted with a twist in all 6 of them. Easy fix, but annoying.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!