BOX1

P500 Full Cab doors in summer

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the full cab doors on my 520. As the weather gets warmer - wonders what do others do. Do you take off the doors and put on the half doors again or do you just roll down the windows on the full doors and go that way for the summer. Seems like a lot of work to swap them out again.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Up to you. I don't run full doors but the full windshield comes off every spring for the half shield. It's a pita but I'm not riding in a sweltering aquarium all summer.
☝️ ☝️☝️Nuff said there☝️☝️☝️

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Another twist from Upstate N.Y. ( Adirondacks Mts. ) & Have Full Doors.

I Leave them On <> Just OPEN the windows <> Open Honda bottom Tilt Winshield <> Open Rear Vent.
Creates plenty of Air Movement to stay comfortable even on Hot days.

Agree <> a lot of unnecessary effort to R&R seasonal.

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the reply’s. I am going to just unzip them and roll em down for now and open the back window. They do not hide very well in the fabric doors when rolling up and the door doesn’t want to open with them rolled and snapped. I ended up folding them up inside the fabric. Seems to work best. If anyone has a better idea I’d love to hear it.

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have a fold down windshield, solid rear panel, and I leave my doors on year round. I found that if I unzip the door windows and don't fold down the windshield it's a dust fest. If I do fold fold down the windshield it's all good for year round. I assume it would be fine popping the Honda factory windshield up for airflow and that would work the same.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a fold down windshield, solid rear panel, and I leave my doors on year round. I found that if I unzip the door windows and don't fold down the windshield it's a dust fest. If I do fold fold down the windshield it's all good for year round. I assume it would be fine popping the Honda factory windshield up for airflow and that would work the same.

In hind sight, I would've gotten the flip up windshield but they weren't available when I got mine. There's no way I could ride in the summer with a full windshield, too much dust, mud, streaking, glare... I have wipers installed and it still sucks having to dump water on it every 15 mins. I like the open air too and not just the 4" at the bottom thing, it's more like riding a quad.

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So when you say you unzip the door windows. What do you do with that window. Roll it up and snap it with the factory snaps on the door OR fold it and let it lay on the inside of the fabric door? It seems rolling it doesn’t allow for the door to fold open very well

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
So when you say you unzip the door windows. What do you do with that window. Roll it up and snap it with the factory snaps on the door OR fold it and let it lay on the inside of the fabric door? It seems rolling it doesn’t allow for the door to fold open very well
I roll them down towards the inside of the door and use the factory snaps to secure. When the doors are new there is a quite a bit of resistance to opening but that eases a lot with time. The window portion of the door does break-in. Also what I found is temperature dependent. When cold, the door is much stiffer when the window is rolled down. Though when cold I have the windows up so it's a non issue. When warm, the rolled up window panel actually gets pretty limber and it doesn't impede the opening of the door at all. Hope that clarifies.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the full cab doors on my 520. As the weather gets warmer - wonders what do others do. Do you take off the doors and put on the half doors again or do you just roll down the windows on the full doors and go that way for the summer. Seems like a lot of work to swap them out again.
Depends on your weather, might be nice when it’s raining.

HP700

HP700

Mar 7, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
i have a 700 w. Windshield , I have no heat issues during the summer. I just got a rear windshield plastic window w. Fabric side and velco post connections. The rear windshield does cut down the airflow a lot , so I do see me during the summer removing it .

2D284844 F0BB 4965 BE50 1612FFCE9068 B6F7D082 682C 44A7 BEEE 5B72A116D45A

Reactions: toddvdh
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
i have a 700 w. Windshield , I have no heat issues during the summer. I just got a rear windshield plastic window w. Fabric side and velco post connections. The rear windshield does cut down the airflow a lot , so I do see me during the summer removing it .

View attachment 331670 View attachment 331671

No back panel at all creates a vortex for dust in the cab. Best way is to get airflow through the front and some out the back. When that heat or steam bath gets too annoying try one of these.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My P1000 is very HOT in the summer. I take off the doors along with the canvas windows - 10-minutes. I leave the doors off, and it really help immensely. The doors go back on in the fall very easily - another 10-minute job. Now even the wife will ride in the summer. (Some advantages, and some disadvantages. LOL)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!