BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm thinking before winter I'm going to build some full doors. I want handles on inside and out was going to start with this latch anyone have other ideas what handles I could use A92e51e5f4cded038abd73dc0c7f19bf

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

JTW

So I'm thinking before winter I'm going to build some full doors. I want handles on inside and out was going to start with this latch anyone have other ideas what handles I could useView attachment 131993

That looks like a good option.. I can’t think of anything that would be any more affordable or practical.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking blue will be fixed ,yellow hinged in original spot, purple will be lexan in frame and slide in and out yellow for easy removal. What do you think @CumminsPusher @Plumber32 @joeymt32 E5ee4f1ba969961bf292db8798809576

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The mini 2 point actuator would allow you to have a handle inside and outside
One forward and one up or down that's what I was thinking

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Southco makes a lot of latches like that. They call them Rotary latches.

R4 - Rotary Latches - Southco
It's always nice to know about places like this for various projects. Just like mcmaster carr, these types of sites sure come in handy. I'll have to add this one to the list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking blue will be fixed ,yellow hinged in original spot, purple will be lexan in frame and slide in and out yellow for easy removal. What do you think @CumminsPusher @Plumber32 @joeymt32 View attachment 132010

Dam you guys got no input for me ?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dam you guys got no input for me ?

Sorry buddy it didn’t notify me. Just noticed the thread.
The purple is easier to keep solid however it doesn’t need to go all the way up.
Everything else sounds good if you do have the upper slide off use tubes with a bit of slop so crap doesn’t slow your roll and have it secure under roll cage so it’s locked in when door shut. You probably were though. Quick bolt setup is solid too, I’ve got 3 short 10mm per door so upper comes off very quickly and no rattles.
Also try to recess the complete door past the face of the cage, it’s harder to seal but it doesn’t become trash like the factory doors would if hit a tree. Same with door handles.

Reactions: Mopower58 and BWAF
advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry buddy it didn’t notify me. Just noticed the thread.
The purple is easier to keep solid however it doesn’t need to go all the way up.
Everything else sounds good if you do have the upper slide off use tubes with a bit of slop so crap doesn’t slow your roll and have it secure under roll cage so it’s locked in when door shut. You probably were though. Quick bolt setup is solid too, I’ve got 3 short 10mm per door so upper comes off very quickly and no rattles.
Also try to recess the complete door past the face of the cage, it’s harder to seal but it doesn’t become trash like the factory doors would if hit a tree. Same with door handles.
That's kind of what i was thinking to in set door under cage . Make top with like 2 5" pipes to drop in lower .Bolts to lock them in would good idea . Do you think I need the blue or make upper one piece. Any idea on handles to use ?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's kind of what i was thinking to in set door under cage . Make top with like 2 5" pipes to drop in lower .Bolts to lock them in would good idea . Do you think I need the blue or make upper one piece. Any idea on handles to use ?

To make the blue part of the purple the hinges would either have to be offset or a scissor style to keep that area from binding and hitting dash. I did try a couple things and couldn’t get away without having it be in harms way. But a small triangle will work. Maybe you could figure something out. Older Wrangler door handles are recessed and should be cheap. Should be a nice look for sxs.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I figured on the binding I knew you would know . I was thinking about a wing style that would open and close like old trucks for the blue .

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I figured on the binding I knew you would know . I was thinking about a wing style that would open and close like old trucks for the blue .

That would be cool

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No pun intended!! Lol

Pun intended;)
Ya those handles. Simple steel rod to those latches you found and plastic clips. You know how they do it. You could do a light cover on the inside for a nice finish. Maybe with arm rests?
Better start an assembly line, everyone will be pm’ing you

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Pun intended;)
Ya those handles. Simple steel rod to those latches you found and plastic clips. You know how they do it. You could do a light cover on the inside for a nice finish. Maybe with arm rests?
Better start an assembly line, everyone will be pm’ing you
Hey,

I want a set;) winter be here before you know it

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Arm rests hell yes ,I was thinking about jig as went so could make more, was thinking aluminum tubing , aluminum skin on out side guess I could put thin uhm on inside

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!