SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
What tune are you running with turbo and evo exhaust
If I remember correctly he is running the Jackson tune with a DynoJet fuel tuner piggybacked onto the system so he can adjust the A/F for other mods. I know there is a thread on it here, but I can't find it at the moment

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well for some reason it won't let me post the link....but it is on the Facebook page and sounds promising.
I saw that a few days ago. Only problem I see with that setup is the fact that it's a locked system and can only be tuned by the seller. (Hess/Chris Fowler)

No thanks...

They had that black Talon in the video at the track last weekend running practice laps. Car sounded really good!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Another thing to note..... A FuelTech FT550/600 stand alone unit by itself is about $1800 retail. Now add in the price of a custom wiring harness and the tune and I bet that system will be in the $3,000 range if not more. Gotta pay that Hess tax! :rolleyes:

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I saw that a few days ago. Only problem I see with that setup is the fact that it's a locked system and can only be tuned by the seller. (Hess/Chris Fowler)

No thanks...

They had that black Talon in the video at the track last weekend running practice laps. Car sounded really good!
So I have been hearing a lot and I mean a lot a no thanks not happening and nope for Hess tuning some one care and enlighten me why Hess is so bad

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I have been hearing a lot and I mean a lot a no thanks not happening and nope for Hess tuning some one care and enlighten me why Hess is so bad

For a non racer it's probably not an issue but as racers most of us have a problem with it.

Lets say you go to Chris Fowler (the brains behind anything Talon engine related sold by Hess) for a dyno tune session with the FuelTech system and find something that ends up making a bit more HP and/or torque over their existing tunes.... You now just paid them to discover something they missed and you damn well know it will end up in the Hess car and everyone else's car with that system who may be a competitor of yours.

Not happening!!

I'm not far from ICE Racing Engines and would absolutely love to use Chris Fowler as a tuner/engine guy but Hess has him under contract and anyone wanting to work with Chris has to go through Hess. Hence the "Hess Tax" comment above.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!