P500 Fuse Block grounding question

W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all.

Im in the middle of mounting a fuse block and was wondering if it is okay to ground the block under the hood or would I be better off taking the time to run it back to the battery?

I have it set up so as the positive cable is directly from the battery to the fuse block so this means the fuse block will always have power regardless of the ignition switch being on or off.

I have the skid plates off so getting under the bike to run the wire isn't a problem, I just want to do it right.

Im a decent wrench but not much of a electrition so all input would be welcome and thanks in advance.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Check this post for others comments. P500 - Obsessive winch install. Not so much worried about ground, but more so how far a run the hot wire runs from the battery before the fuse/breaker. Don't want a short under your seat! My winch grounding is to fame under the hood, hot lead breaker is at rear near battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and Waldo
C

Chooglin

I have my power and ground for my fuse block , coming directly from my winch contactor. No need to run two extra cables back to the battery. I also installed a isolation switch for the fuse block
20160322 172955 20160321 200714

Reactions: Waldo and JTW
RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
Any where you can connect to the bare frame is ok.

Reactions: Waldo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!