futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I'm running 26" Bighorns on my P500 and I don't have any problems with tipping over....

Lol, and for some reason I don't think you'd have an issue with putting yours on it's side. 🤔

As P500 drivers go: There's Lee, then there's everybody else! 'Course, he does run with nets and helmet . . .

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I haven't experienced any rollover scares, or stability issues in my P520 with my ITP Utracross R 27x9-14's (on all 4 corners). My front width is 52 inches and my rear is 51 inches.
But, it appears the P520 has an advantage over the P500 in this regard....no rear stabilizer bar?

I've gone over some pretty crazy terrain with the taller tires...where I was expecting some rollover scares (especially reading this forum) but, the P520 managed it flawlessly. That said, I'm very very certain I can get this thing to roll over. I just need to throw caution to the wind, increase my speed and maximize my stupidity and I'll make it happen.

Mike

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
As P500 drivers go: There's Lee, then there's everybody else!

This guy knows exactly what the P5 can and can't do. Of course, in my limited experience of watching him, he's not a bit afraid to try what it cannot do! (this is perhaps where the nets and helmet come into play) 😆

I was fortunate to be able to follow him for a while on some typical Tennessee trails at 2022 Takeover. Suffice it to say, I was paying attention! I'm better for it . . .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't experienced any rollover scares, or stability issues in my P520 with my ITP Utracross R 27x9-14's (on all 4 corners). My front width is 52 inches and my rear is 51 inches.
But, it appears the P520 has an advantage over the P500 in this regard....no rear stabilizer bar?

I've gone over some pretty crazy terrain with the taller tires...where I was expecting some rollover scares (especially reading this forum) but, the P520 managed it flawlessly. That said, I'm very very certain I can get this thing to roll over. I just need to throw caution to the wind, increase my speed and maximize my stupidity and I'll make it happen.

Mike

No advantage really, hardly anyone's running a rear stabilizer bar anymore so that's not it. The later 500's and the 520's do sit an inch lower from the factory, so that's some advantage to the tip over issue but a disadvantage in the ground clearance dept. Most tip overs with the P5 are just that, a slow tip over and it's laid on its side. God help anyone who's corner slinging in one of these machines regardless of their setup.
The other thing that's a big factor in this discussion is what an individual's perception of crazy terrain is. I had ridden nearly everything in MI, even Drummond Island which is all rocks and water and very rough to navigate with a P5. Smashed my bash plate on a hidden rock underwater. But none of that compares to RRB! Upon entering that trail system for the first time, the wife and I looked at each other and said "Oh Sh**"! Been there several times now and it's no game, you will find the limits of you and your machine and you won't have to look very hard for it. Even riding with a good group, knowing how to drive and being properly set up doesn't mean you won't get into trouble. Me and a lot of other P5 owners have been on their side at that place.

TO13The Mud WallTO9

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!