H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I installed 28’s on my 520 and got 44 mph at the rev limit. According to my tach the rev limit is 6,800 rpm. I like to cruise below 6,000 rpm to keep the noise down. At 37 on the speedo its at 6,000 rpm and also at 27 mph in 4th gear. The tires hit the fenders at full lock but I only use around 90% so no problem. I have a set of 27’s and also the stock 24’s if I need a lower gear for the really tough steep trails.

In auto shift it is smooth shifting but better in manual mode and I like the manual mode better. I can let off the throttle slightly at the shifts and the computer cuts the injection slightly to make a super smooth shift. If I forget to down shift at stops the computer will downshift to 2nd gear. I use 1st gear on take off but shift into 2nd in about 10 to 15 feet.

My 520 will be used on the 50 inch trails, some long solo rides, and also on some night rides. Its small but has a huge fun factor. Its like riding a Quad with a steering wheel.

I have a 2019 Talon R and a 2020 Talon R for my fast rides with the Turbo guys and will get close to 45,000 miles on my 2019 this winter.

My dealer gave me these take off tires a year ago for a case of beer and a case of diet coke. They have about 90% tread. One tire had a nail go through a deep lug. I had to run a small drill down the hole to open it enough to plug it.

I had 30’s on my Pioneer 500 with a top speed of 46 mph. I had to trim the frame slightly and only had 90% of steering. I really missed my 500 so the 520 with the larger engine and dump bed was a must have.

50inch3

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I installed 28’s on my 520 and got 44 mph at the rev limit. According to my tach the rev limit is 6,800 rpm. I like to cruise below 6,000 rpm to keep the noise down. At 37 on the speedo its at 6,000 rpm and also at 27 mph in 4th gear. The tires hit the fenders at full lock but I only use around 90% so no problem. I have a set of 27’s and also the stock 24’s if I need a lower gear for the really tough steep trails.

In auto shift it is smooth shifting but better in manual mode and I like the manual mode better. I can let off the throttle slightly at the shifts and the computer cuts the injection slightly to make a super smooth shift. If I forget to down shift at stops the computer will downshift to 2nd gear. I use 1st gear on take off but shift into 2nd in about 10 to 15 feet.

My 520 will be used on the 50 inch trails, some long solo rides, and also on some night rides. Its small but has a huge fun factor. Its like riding a Quad with a steering wheel.

I have a 2019 Talon R and a 2020 Talon R for my fast rides with the Turbo guys and will get close to 45,000 miles on my 2019 this winter.

My dealer gave me these take off tires a year ago for a case of beer and a case of diet coke. They have about 90% tread. One tire had a nail go through a deep lug. I had to run a small drill down the hole to open it enough to plug it.

I had 30’s on my Pioneer 500 with a top speed of 46 mph. I had to trim the frame slightly and only had 90% of steering. I really missed my 500 so the 520 with the larger engine and dump bed was a must have.

View attachment 356442View attachment 356443View attachment 356444View attachment 356445View attachment 356446
Rubbing and limited steering isn't an option IMO. Full spring compression needs to be factored in as well. In an awkward climbing situation, it could leave you at a dead stop. Or bend the hell out of your Ricochet rock slider...been there.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I put over 1,000 miles on my Pioneer 500 with 30" and no problems. Full lock or close to it on a steep downhill turn would be a serious problem and bind up the wheel at the frame and fender. I do have one trail with a 2 turns like that so I back up once to make those turns without hitting the fender. I can always install my 24" stock wheel set for that trail ride. The one inch or so forward aftermarket A-arms would allow full lock and that might be a future upgrade.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!