Future P500 owner

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello Pioneer 500 enthusiasts!! I’m new to this forum and am looking to purchase a P500 (likely a 2020) after doing quite a bit of homework, including reading some of the valuable information posted on here.

I plan to upgrade rubber on the unit at some point, but because I will be transporting on my pickup most of the time, I need to stick to the trail width of 50”. Can anyone advise on a larger tire for added ground clearance that will still retain 50” width. Also plan to add solid roof and rear view mirror. Considering bumpers as well. Just wondering through others experiences what other accessories might be useful add ons.

I have been reading that Amsol Oil can make a big difference in shifting as well as engine noise. Any extra info or comments? on quality oils would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and safe riding!!!!!

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you want to maintain 50", don't go with taller tires. You're asking for trouble.
Thanks for reply. I assume stability around tight corners, etc is what u are implying?

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I guess I should explain my trail useage more.....just didn’t want to write a novel on my first post. I will b using P5 mainly for my job inspecting oil and gas well site, so no extreme riding or anything...steady as she goes down hard packed dry climate trails for the most part...maybe the odd small mud hole, but otherwise just point A to B travel

Reactions: Mudwing
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Canton, OH
The P500 has a tippy reputation. If you go up you better go out is the motto. It's the off camber stuff that is really the concern. It's a P5 so speed and keeping your spine don't go together too well. It's a solid unit (proven drive train from the donor ATV) but it isn't going to win many races.

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from Canton, OH
The P500 has a tippy reputation. If you go up you better go out is the motto. It's the off camber stuff that is really the concern. It's a P5 so speed and keeping your spine don't go together too well. It's a solid unit (proven drive train from the donor ATV) but it isn't going to win many races.
Thanks for the response....I’ve taken one for a spin and enjoy the paddle shifters and taken it to speed, so I realize top end is limited....but for me, it will serve more as a work horse with the odd bit of joy riding. So it’s going to work well for my needs I’m sure....

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to a new dimension. Great and knowledgeable folks here.

On oil
From other's success, I am using Mobil 1 for motorcycles

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to a new dimension. Great and knowledgeable folks here.

On oil
From other's success, I am using Mobil 1 for motorcycles

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Good to know....I have used Mobil 1 in the past for an SUV, and was happy with that product, just wasn’t aware they had a version for bikes... thanks!!

Reactions: TxDoc
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State 😎

Get some pics posted up once you pull the trigger on the P500.

I also use Mobil 1 Racing 4T.

#NTC

Reactions: TxDoc and Mudwing
advertisement
F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from The Great Lakes State 😎

Get some pics posted up once you pull the trigger on the P500.

I also use Mobil 1 Racing 4T.

#NTC
Perfect. Anyone have any comments or reviews for adding suspension/shocks to improve ride quality? I know there r a few options, but better to ask people who have tried options instead of just reading marketing propaganda...no offence to shock salesmen....

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Get the Torq Locker for the front diff if they're still available. A little over $400 and makes all the difference.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hello Pioneer 500 enthusiasts!! I’m new to this forum and am looking to purchase a P500 (likely a 2020) after doing quite a bit of homework, including reading some of the valuable information posted on here.

I plan to upgrade rubber on the unit at some point, but because I will be transporting on my pickup most of the time, I need to stick to the trail width of 50”. Can anyone advise on a larger tire for added ground clearance that will still retain 50” width. Also plan to add solid roof and rear view mirror. Considering bumpers as well. Just wondering through others experiences what other accessories might be useful add ons.

I have been reading that Amsol Oil can make a big difference in shifting as well as engine noise. Any extra info or comments? on quality oils would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and safe riding!!!!!
I was in the same situation having to transport my P5 in the bed of the truck and retaining the 50” due to space between the fender wells. However, I did squeeze 1” wider and 1” taller tires in between the fenders. It’s pretty imperative to increase the width to at least match any increase in hieght.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks for reply. I assume stability around tight corners, etc is what u are implying?
Stability in rough terrain and less off camber situations than you might think....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Perfect. Anyone have any comments or reviews for adding suspension/shocks to improve ride quality? I know there r a few options, but better to ask people who have tried options instead of just reading marketing propaganda...no offence to shock salesmen....
I’m pretty sure that topic is thoroughly covered in this forum. If you do a search, you’ll have more than you need on the topic.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Guess it depends how rough conditions can be. So u went to a 25” tire then Monte?
Well, with barely 6” of travel, it doesn’t require much. I’ve had mine on it’s side twice and the pages of the P5 forums have many pictures of P5’s on their side.

No, I went with 26” tires for one full inch of added clearance in height. And increased width by one inch by going with 9’s and 11’s.....

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Game changers....

342CA829 C0A7 436F 9B6C DAD7FE747368

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, with barely 6” of travel, it doesn’t require much. I’ve had mine on it’s side twice and the pages of the P5 forums have many pictures of P5’s on their side.

No, I went with 26” tires for one full inch of added clearance in height. And increased width by one inch by going with 9’s and 11’s.....
Excellent .... maximize stance while still squeezing between wheel wells! Thanks again!!
175s Front and 250Rear?

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!