CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I originally used Stabil but saw some bad internet feedback. The carbed dual sport motorcycle guys use Seafoam and that's what I've used for the last several years, including gas for the lawnmower and snowblower.

H

HondaTech

I've seen test show the seafoam allows more oxidation, draws more water and makes the fuel slighlty less flammable than Stabil.

Using stabil in my Honda mower has always allowed it to start 1st pull after sitting all winter.

But just like the best oil debate, to each their own.

H

HondaTech

Don't buy the Honda stuff, it's literally Stabil for twice the price. Even says so on the bottle.

08732 0800 12030 600

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I never bother with stabil. Gas will get stale when left in small amounts in a higher temperature.

Like a snowblower sitting in a steel shed over the summer, not when you have 9 gallons in a tank over the winter.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Why are you letting fuel sit in your tank? Ride it! 😆

Seriously, winter or long term storage for my boat, generators, bikes, and all my small engine powered machines get Stabilized.

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you can get it use non ethanol gas. Then you don't have to use stabilizer. And it's 89-90 octane and is good up to 6 months. When you figure in the cost of stabilizer non ethanol should not be that much more without the hassle.
This ^^^^^^

And especially with all small engines (chainsaws, mowers, generators etc.) and carburated machines.
I'm done with rebuildling or replacing carbs due to ethanol.
Here's what they look like gummed up.
Ethanol effect

Last edited:
P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This ^^^^^^

And especially with all small engines (chainsaws, mowers, generators etc.) and carburated machines.
I'm done with rebuildling or replacing carbs due to ethanol.
Here's what they look like gummed up.
View attachment 357879
Ok…. Here goes. From my experience the grey hairs and the no hairs (old people) use stabilizer and the young less experienced don’t. Stabilizer is like insurance except when everything works you don’t even know you used the insurance. If you don’t use stabilizer it’s only a matter of time ( see the picture above). So those who don’t believe in stabilizer….. well good luck and start looking up websites on how to clean small carbs.
Hahaha You don’t have to tell me I’m right because I know already.
Good luck. Have fun.
I think I’ll go electric and not have too worry anymore about bad gas.
(that was a joke)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!