Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not buying over priced gas, I just dump it out burn the remaining gas out and add fresh gas every season if that applies. Our S x S gets used every 3 or 4 days during the year, not worried. By the way better pay the over priced gas for 2 gallons to flush the fuel pump of nonethanol gas before you fill what ever.

Last edited:
T

tntcustoms68

Mar 12, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I use star tron in all my stuff. Pioneer, tractor, boat, lawn mower, chain saws. Never have an issue using regular gas with ethanol
Yes Star tron is way better than stabil. We had bought a street bike that sat for a couple years that the owner put stabil in the tank, the whole tank and carb bowls where like a jello mold. It had solidified the gas. Not sure if they added way too much or what but that’s what we found.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Each time I thought about this I wondered if my admittedly feeble short-term memory had failed me so I googled the subject.

I was wrong. Stabil claims to protect for UP TO TWO YEARS not months as I wrote earlier.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Each time I thought about this I wondered if my admittedly feeble short-term memory had failed me so I googled the subject.

I was wrong. Stabil claims to protect for UP TO TWO YEARS not months as I wrote earlier.

Thanks for the correction, openly admitting a mistake shows your integrity. 👍

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500

I was wrong.
Don't feel like you are alone. I've lost my long term memory and my short term memory......... and I've also lost my short term memory.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Non ethanol (Rec Gas here) 89 Oct and Stabil for the winter. Summer time we buy a fresh tank of gas every 2-3 weeks, no need for Stabil then.

Stabil Marine is what I use. 1oz treats 10 gl of gas. Cost a little more but you use allot less.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i use 91 no ethanol non oxygenated and the 'recommended' dose of marvel mystery oil. 4 oz to 10 gal. i put marvel in year round. all my small engines run the same juice. i have never had an issue! i fill the tanks full before winter. i also run marvel in my motorhome and that seems to be the ticket to keep her healthy.

Reactions: Buggyman
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I found the best method for storage is, keep tank full. Drain carb (if it has one). And leave it alone until spring.

If storage for summer months, drain completely. Tank and carb.

I never use sta-bil or anything like it. Never had a problem.

And, if it is going to sit for a year or more, there are other things need done. Or sell it, you are not using it anyway.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!