Gatlinburg Wildfire

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone on here from around the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area? If anyone is and needs help please let us know. Prayers with everyone up there right now. That area is absolutely beautiful. I hate to see so many being effected by this wildfire.

J

JTW

How bad is it really? I keep seeing posts about it on Facebook but figured it was just media hype as to how bad it really is.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How bad is it really? I keep seeing posts about it on Facebook but figured it was just media hype as to how bad it really is.

Hundreds of homes destroyed around Gatlinburg as ofar 2pm Tuesday. I am 50 miles from there and we have a fire bug starting these. There have been 8 fires in the last 6 weeks in my area Campbell County of which several hundreds of acres of Royal Blue have burned. The closest fires got about 5 miles from me.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Lots of info Including ariel video today on the WATE news website out of Knoxville TN.

J

JTW

Hundreds of homes destroyed around Gatlinburg as ofar 2pm Tuesday. I am 50 miles from there and we have a fire bug starting these. There have been 8 fires in the last 6 weeks in my area Campbell County of which several hundreds of acres of Royal Blue have burned. The closest fires got about 5 miles from me.
Damn I hate that for y'all... I hope they catch the little bastard Or better yet he burns himself up! Has it gotten the town very bad?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds like hunting season on FireBug's just opened! :mad: I hope the catch the responsible party and lock em up for the rest of their lives!:mad: My prayers go out to all those impacted by this tragic event!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope they bury that idiot under the jail.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a few friends that live in the area. One of my buddies parent's house completely burnt to the ground. From what they've heard the fire that effected them was actually from downed power lines due to wind. Wind up there reached approx. 87 mph! I'm not doubting that there is some arson but up there most think that arson had very little or none at all to do with the fires.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
We heading up to Gatlinburg in a few hours. We go on winter vacation every year to see the Christmas parade. The parade is cancelled but our cabin is fine it's over in pigeon forge. But I'll take pics and all of stuff we see that's burnt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
9feaa1cf06e5ace8af8efcd30269ecf3Ed027d7f200ea0e68bbd184482eb7927 we here didn't see any fire or burnt areas. Don't smell smoke either. We off 321 in pigeon forge. Going into Gatlinburg tomorrow.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@scott , any updates on the latest victims that were found? My wife's cousin and her two daughters are amongst the missing. Current news is hard to get here in MN,as I'm not familiar with the local outlets there or inside scoop.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: Shadesmn
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
@scott , any updates on the latest victims that were found? My wife's cousin and her two daughters are amongst the missing. Current news is hard to get here in MN,as I'm not familiar with the local outlets there or inside scoop.

Sorry I have no idea.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

If this is the family, no there isn't any news. However 4 more dead found today no names released. Toll is 13 dead, 85 injured, 1000 buildings damaged or destroyed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...v_mGF4PfnSfVqUgew&sig2=Ul4ACDU0yiHAMAMT3auYgA

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry I have no idea.

No worries. Wasn't sure if there might be more current info in the area than the hours old info we can find online.. just thought it might be worth checking since I saw you were literally right there and we have no good lines of contact with them out there as my wife's family out there is very disconnected from everyone else in the family as well.

Reactions: scott
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
If this is the family, no there isn't any news. However 4 more dead found today no names released. Toll is 13 dead, 85 injured, 1000 buildings damaged or destroyed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...v_mGF4PfnSfVqUgew&sig2=Ul4ACDU0yiHAMAMT3auYgA
Yes, that is the family. I did see there were 4 more added to the toll and hadn't seen any info on where they were found like there was with the others. Our thought, and fear was they may be in that count and details weren't being released cuz anything about children would likely immediately point to it being them, and authorities may not want that going public before the family could be notified...:(. Thanks for helping in my search for info though.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
A3f2bd75cf99ff9f535b4421bb4310deEa9d33e9669962408eba61da5176f47c7f6087c7c5af61cca89355f5920b448dC8d7c9ef52e9d835f0ee9747d8877e1b this is only about 4-7 miles from our Cabin. Burnt about 10 homes in this area. We're at Dolly Wood for the day. The park is running like normal. Besides the train.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!